3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Atta boy Dave Smith motors!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Atta boy Dave Smith motors!

This is a letter I sent to the president of Dave Smith motors thanking them for taking such good care of a customer.

"Good evening,

I purchased my 04 Ram diesel in June of 04 from you based on some friend's positive experience, and I am glad I did. The following happened during our vacation 2 weeks ago.

On July 22, 2005, we left our home in western Washington on our way to Yellowstone National Park for a 2 week vacation. We were pulling our 34' travel trailer, my wife and children(ages 3 and 7) were in the truck. West of Moses Lake, at 11pm, the truck flashed a check engine light. As planned, we spent the night in a rest stop and at 8am saturday, July 23 we continued east. At 9am, I called the service dept. at Dave Smith to ask what the trouble code the truck flashed meant. The service rep stated he was very busy, could he call me right back with the info? I gave him my cell number and waited less than 10 minutes and he called back. Bob told me what the code was, I explained that I was on Interstate 90 headed his way, could I stop in? He said they would make time for me. I arrived, unhitched the trailer, and they very quickly took the truck into the service bay while they fed us lunch(barbeque). The truck was in for 45 minutes, the tech determined that is was only a false fuel pressure code, cleared the code, gave the truck a clean bill of health, and sent us on our way.

When I bought my truck, I brought my oldest son(6 at the time) with me. During the paperwork portion of the sale, 2 younger salesmen took my son into the lot to look at your black ram diesel show truck, they let him sit in it, took a picture for me, and treated him VERY well. Most dealers do not like children present and they make that very clear.

I have told other people that are in the market for a new truck about my experiences at Dave Smith. I appreciate what your staff has done. I have also posted this exact letter on the Diesel Truck Resource website.

thank you again,
Chris

I wont even take my rig to my local dealer. I told the service manager that day about my "aftermarket accessory"(quadbox) and asked if that would be a problem, he said unhook it when I get it there. No problems at all, no BS, just honest service. Darned glad I bought there.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:54 PM

I will certainly second that. I worked with a salesman over the phone on my order and got the price I was looking for. He couldn't give me a firm amount on my trade-in sight unseen and I figured that was where they would get me.

Hell - they offered more that I was looking for. That was by far the most amazing experience I have ever had at a dealership. It's made me an even bigger Dodge fan knowing that I can buy a rig without all of the hassle. It was well worth the drive from Seattle and I recommend them to everyone who will listen.

Oh yeah, I also recommend staying at the resort in Coeur D’Alene on your way back - sort of made that long drive a little more pleasant for the little lady (and a lot quieter for me.)
Old 08-10-2005, 06:45 PM

Great report BUT the part about telling service manager WHERE about a fueling box.Bet your socks D.C.personal read this stuff!
Old 08-10-2005, 07:34 PM

They truly do "Walk the Talk' at Dave Smith. I did'nt buy my truck there, but in '97 we got a Pontiac GTP from them. No BS, good people, and a killer deal. If I still lived in the NW, they would be my exclusive dealer. Actually, if I had more time, I would have flown up there to buy my current truck. Although the experience at Chapman Dodge in Vegas was very good, I'm sure I could have saved a few bucks.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:38 PM

I am another of the Dave Smith'rs here. I purchased mine through one of their internet sales reps with a trade in. I drove my Y2k SC LB CTD from Camp Pendleton/San Diego up there to trade it in.

I got a little less for my trade than I KNOW it was worth (had less then 50k on the ticker), but I got a 'service members' discount. At the time, that discount was suppose to only be for Jeeps, but I received it anyway. I don't know anywhere close by here that would have matched the price I received, and in fact was told to 'Buy it' when I asked them to match the price that Dave Smith quoted me.

As a side note, I was put up in a hotel by Dave Smith Motors so that I could get a few hours sleep before I began the drive back. I left San Diego on Thursday about 11am, and was back in the parking lot where I live by 4pm on Saturday. Dang nice people to deal with.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, that all sounds like great service. Where is Dave Smith Motors? I might have to fly out there if/when I ever buy another new CTD. Do they also sell a bunch of other dodge products?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by v8440
Where is Dave Smith Motors?
In Idaho.....

Dave Smith Motors
Old 08-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by v8440
Where is Dave Smith Motors?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Idaho.....

Kellogg Idaho, just off of I-90.

\
Hounddog, good thinking, edited the post and removed last name, address, and phone. should keep DC off of me, besides I was honest..... that has to count for something right?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:55 AM

I was thinking of the SERVICE MANAGER!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:23 PM

Bought my last two Dodge Cummins and a GrandAm from DS.....always treated the best. They have a daily shuttle from the Spokane airport daily.....lots of out-of-town buyers. Stop in on weekends and have a free burger or hotdog on them (might have to take a test drive).

They are the largest Dodge dealer in the world and largest GM dealer in the northwest. Kellogg, ID has more new Dodge trucks than people! Everytime I am there they have a lineup of vehicles getting prepped for their new owners.....amazing what they sell.