3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

All right Here goes,,, Leveling Kit Question for my Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All right Here goes,,, Leveling Kit Question for my Truck

I have heard that the Spacer rings on the Springs Type are not the best,,,,

I have also heard that The Kore Leveling kit was a good ones because with their Lowering Block spacers it maintained the original Steering Geometry,,,

Or Carli's were also good,,,,,

My Goal is to level my truck and add some taller tires (34-35" Category)

What do you all think????
Old 08-25-2009, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had the spacers rings for about 3 years no problems at all. I got the hell bent steel ones for 95 dollors. i cant see paying hundreds for new springs when the spacers work fine.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 PM

Has it caused any premature tire wear???? or steering issues????
Old 08-25-2009, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by RiverRat2
Has it caused any premature tire wear???? or steering issues????
No. my tires are wearing great. and no steering problems at all. i did not even have it realigned after i put them in. after all it's only 2 inches. i would not go more than that with out steering upgrades.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:55 AM

My buddy bought a identical big horn 4x4 QC after I bought mine.Both 06's. He put a leveling kit and a 300$ set of used Pro Comp Xterrain 35X12.5's on his right away. He ran them for a while with some DW issues. I bought a set of 35 toyo mts @ about 10,000 miles. When I told him I had just put 35's on my truck he hauled *** to the tire shop and pulled my stockers out of the dumpster and put them on his truck and pulled the leveling kit off. I personalley think the tires he put on were bad and thats why somebody took them off and sold them. I ran the 35 toyos bald with no leveling kit and just had a set of 37 Hankooks put on. I still have no lift. The 35 fit great with only a very slight rub on the control arm with the wheel cranked 100% to the left. The 37s are too big and rub the fenders and inside of wheel well so bad I wont drive it anymore untill I install the 6" Revtek kit thats layin on the driveway next to truck. I had an 88 4runner that sat on a set of BFG 35 mts for 2 years before I bought it and it was all over the place. After I replaced them with a new set of the same tire it drove like a brand new truck. FWIW Phil
Old 08-27-2009, 07:08 AM

If you can afford it get the Carli kit, they have softer springs than the Kore from what I've read.
There's a set of KORE springs in the calssifieds right now for 100 bucks, for the money ya can't go wrong.

I used 2" spacers and picked up a set of KORE blocks for the sway bar and have not had any problems, I put Bilstein 5100's all 4 corners, no issues so far, steers great.

Word is you're better off with the extensions for the sway bars, even with the KORE blocks the factory links will bend but so far mine are fine, only put it on in May.
I'm running 35" Vortrac's (E RATED) on chrome H2 wheels.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
If you can afford it get the Carli kit, they have softer springs than the Kore from what I've read.
There's a set of KORE springs in the calssifieds right now for 100 bucks, for the money ya can't go wrong.

I used 2" spacers and picked up a set of KORE blocks for the sway bar and have not had any problems, I put Bilstein 5100's all 4 corners, no issues so far, steers great.

Word is you're better off with the extensions for the sway bars, even with the KORE blocks the factory links will bend but so far mine are fine, only put it on in May.
where did you get the Kore Blocks??? will they sell them separate????

I already have the 5100's just havent installed yet,, Can you post a pic of the Kore blocks installed???
Old 08-27-2009, 10:44 AM

I got my blocks from the classifieds here or at CF.

Here's a pic of the blocks and my BD steering brace which is a good idea to consider especially if you're getting bigger tires.

Name:  2009-04-2416-37-12_0048.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  109.6 KB
Old 08-27-2009, 11:26 AM

I got my blocks from the classifieds here or at CF.

Here's a pic of the blocks and my BD steering brace which is a good idea to consider especially if you're getting bigger tires.
Hey thanks,, yes eventually getting bigger tires (Current ones are new) but not over 35" or mongo wide either,,,, mainly to level the truck a bit,,,, cannot afford Carli's suspension,,, I saw the springs in the classified but not sure I want used springs So still debating,,,,,,,?????

Will probably get the Kore Kit as I will need the Blocks for the sway bar,,,, already got the Bilsteins so it looks like I will have an extra set of Front 5100's

I have access to a Machine shop so I suppose if I could get my hands on a Sway bar mount I could build a set of 2" spacers and some longer bolts,,,, what did the BD steering brace run ya?????

BTW,,, was looking @ the Liberty canister Mod thread,,,,, it puts out as much fuel as the OEM lift pump???? Im a bit confused about that,,, it feeds the Airdog??????
Old 08-27-2009, 01:10 PM

If you're gonna make some spacers and already have shocks the springs for 100 bucks are a good deal.
Can't remember what I paid for the asteering brace, I'll check when I get home. I got it at theirt Dyno Days in the spring so saved a few bucks.

The canister mod was a Liberty canister to get rid of the in tank pump so you can hook up the AD100 right to the factory feed, no draw straw required to feed the AD. Then I had problems when I got low on fuel so I had to plumb the AD reurn into the canister as well.
It's old news now though, that was back before you could buy kits making it easier to do the same thing.

But YES, the AD puts out way more fuel than the factory lift pump which I was able to draw down to zero PSI fuel pressure when I tromped on it.

You don't mention gauges in your signature, you should get some if you don't have them. When you add programmers etc you'll see your fuel pressure drop, the factory pump only makes about 8 PSI at idle.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:19 PM

TS Performance MPD Monitor,,,, reads out boost, egts, fuel pressure, and RPM, the MP8 is just a mild programmer and works pretty well,,,,, havent put the Smarty Jr. on yet,,,, waiting till I upgrade the fuel system and the clutch first!!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:28 PM

Where do the extensions for the links go?????
Old 08-27-2009, 11:33 PM

They're not extensions for the end links but longer, stronger end links:

http://www.thecarlisuspension.com/do.../endlinks.html