3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

600 owners,...your gonna love this...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by durango12
we get paid a commision no matter who is paying dc or the customer. dc gets a cut as you put it on parts alone on customer pay jobs because we buy our parts from dc. cant understand why so many people are having trouble with there dealers not wanting to do this tsb. evryone who gets this tsb done should have the stickes under the hood showing it was done. the tsb or flash is no problem to do . i believe if the customer wants it done no problem dc pays the bill and it makes the customer happy.
tx haug i see you are in ft worth i work for a dealer in ftworth.
d12
I'm in ft worth, I really enjoy the dealership I deal with. The service dpt is SO much more customer oriented, and friendly than the sales team.

LH
Old 10-13-2004, 11:34 PM

bdamsey glad to hear your happy with your service dpt. also glad to hear your in ft worth if i can ever help you out give me a shout. do you deal with longhorn westloop or moritz? if it is longhorn im just around the corner .
d12
Old 10-14-2004, 09:56 AM

Before she was on but now its a few off. Itll say im getting 20 and im geting like 18 Is htere a fix for that?

The TSB was supposed to make it more accurate. Mine was a bit low before, and is now a bit high. Either way it's accurate within 5% or so.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:18 AM

bdamsey glad to hear your happy with your service dpt. also glad to hear your in ft worth if i can ever help you out give me a shout. do you deal with longhorn westloop or moritz? if it is longhorn im just around the corner .
d12
What do you do at the dealer? Are you a tech?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:21 PM

d12
Longhorn, like I says b4 the service dept is tops in my book. I wish they could turn on the manual high idle though. But, I have not any complaints as far as service goes.

They have been straight up with warrenty void info. That's a big plus there, they don't beat around the bush.

I once read one time that it cost 6 times as much to get a new customer than it takes to keep a customer.

I also read that if a customer has thier needs met, then there is a 95% chance that that customer will return, whereas the same goes for a customer that does not have thier needs met, there is a 95% chance that they will never be back.

Cleburne Dodge is one that I won't deal with again... the only thing that they did that pleased me was repaint my hood when a dry spot appeared.
The top plate for where the shifter connects to the tranny (it was a 5spd) cracked. it was leaking, I took it up there and they said it is a diesel, diesles leak. I said, Not mine. It's under warrenty, so fix it. They did, but because of that remark/comment, I won't go back there.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:30 AM

yes tx haug i am a tech. bdramsey why are they not turning on your high idle feature.? it's real easy to do only takes a few minutes. glad to hear that you have had good experiance in dealing with them. i have heard some bad things about cleburne dodge to.
d12
Old 10-15-2004, 09:32 AM

They don't know how to turn it on. otherwise I'm sure they would.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:59 PM

high idle feature

all you need is a drbIII scan tool . it is under the miscelaneous section. the screen says enable high idle feature and you awnser yes and it should work.
d12
Old 10-16-2004, 11:35 AM

I had TSB-034-04 installed Monday at my dealer....Drove it home approx 200 miles and the overhead was reading 17.2 and that was driving 72mph...When i started it up this morning it was very rough and blew white smoke until it warmed up a min or two...I thought that TSB was supposed to fix the smoke prob...The other thing is that i never had the rough idle, white smoke prob till I got the flash???? Any thoughts....It has a sticker under the hood showing the new flash...

Old 10-16-2004, 01:19 PM

My muffler fell off today..................... I think that 70mph vibe is gone.............
Old 10-17-2004, 12:59 AM

Brandon507, did you have the white smoke before you got the flash?
Old 10-17-2004, 12:40 PM

One thing ive got since the flash. and i cant complain its kinda fun. But i can get her to smoke likek nuttin now. All i gotta do is romp on it and its worse off than my 99. But itll only do it once or twice then it quits until i have constant driving again. I have to wonder if its a computer glich
Old 10-18-2004, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by HdPower
Brandon507, did you have the white smoke before you got the flash?
No I didnt HD......It has now done it everytime I start it up if It has been sittin for several hours....I thought the flash also fixed that prob......Its like it enabled it after i got the flash....Mileage is alot better but the white smoke and rough idle bothers me....
Old 10-18-2004, 10:31 PM

I seem to get more smoke too after this TSB. I agree it is kind of fun. Especially see it at night when romping on it from a red light. I would like to see it from the car behind me. Also smokes pretty good from 2300 to 2600 rpm when you pass on the freeway in 5th gear. I still see some white smoke and a short rough idle at start up, not as bad as before. Mileage seems to have gone up at least 1 mpg. Seems to accelerate smoother\faster from a stop.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:57 AM

Been there,..done that,...

Brandon,

It's injectors.

Quick Reply: 600 owners,...your gonna love this...