3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

3/36 warranty almost out - what to look for

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3/36 warranty almost out - what to look for

All

I have a 2006 MegaCab and my 3/36 warranty is about to run out...I need to take it in to the dealer to have them perform the TSB and the 1-2-1 transmission studder. What else should I look for and have them fix?

Thanks guys!!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ujoints especially axle joints,mine were so bad they had to replace drivers side axle.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ball Joints.

Also, use the heck out of your recirc door so that maybe it'll break before you hit 36K.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ball joints and leaky power steering box.

They replaced both on mine at 36,000.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:32 PM

On mine I got ball joints, a new steering box, and a front crank seal.

My dealership had an inspection that was around $50. Money well spent in my oppinion.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by tool
My dealership had an inspection that was around $50. Money well spent in my oppinion.

I agree and a dang smart move on the dealer's part as well, since they get paid for warranty work.

I've never seen that offered by a dealer in my part of Texas.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:50 PM

Check into the Steering TSB for new steering parts.
Being an '06, your weatherstripping should have been already updated when you bought your truck.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 PM

Never heard of this, what's up with the weatherstripping?
(My 3 year is up in a couple moths too)
Old 02-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Have them check the pinion seals. If they are even seeping the tiniest bit have them replaced. My front started leaking just after 37K miles, replaced it and then the back started leaking at 75K miles.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:40 PM

There's talk on another forum of 06's with rust forming on the front bumpers, mine has some, might be running down fro the mounting bolts or something, gotta get under there for a look.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:46 AM

I am at 40k on my 06 Mega. I am having my R/F wheel bearing and hub replaced on Monday. I had to fight to get it done. I only have to pay 50.00
Old 03-02-2009, 12:09 AM

Taking my truck in tomorrow for the front end inspection since my warranty is coming up in 3000kms. The service advisor was TOTALLY against it saying it was a conflict of interest? Whatever buddy...I talked to the shop foreman and the service manager...they were very happy to take the truck in and do an inspection for me.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Blake gave me an "A" for effort!

Sitting right under 33,000 miles on my truck also. I really want to call the local dealer and ask them what my options are but I have a feeling they will tell me tough luck and see you when something breaks.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:22 PM

I just got my truck back. They fixed the 1-2-1 hunt/studder tranny per the TSB - replaced solenoid and transducer - said it was tossing code 1756 and 1757 but it did not show these when I did the off-on-off-on-off-on ignition trick. Probably a code directly from the tranny which won't show in the odometer trick. I was afraid they wouldn't find anything because the day that I took the truck in, it seemed to be shifting fine. Fortunately they fixed it and we'll see how long it lasts.

They also replaced the seat foam in the upper seats on both sides. I could push on the front of the seat back and the foam would move to the back and push on the back and the foam would move to the front. They said the frame was cutting into the seat cushion.

They also replaced both the rear outer belt moldings (right under the window on the outside).
Old 03-03-2009, 07:13 PM

Rockwall Dodge - AVOID

All

I got my truck back last night when it was dark. I went out this morning and noticed a nice scrap on the trailing edge of the drivers door about 2 inches long - white powder on it so the #$&$&@! porter or detailing guy either dinged a white car on the lot or opened the door on a concrete wall, either way I am not a happy camper.

I took it back today and raised a big stink and told them I didn't care if they had to paint the whole #@&$~^*$! truck, I wanted it fixed and not with touch up paint. I am so irritated. To be honest, I am glad the warranty is up. I will never set foot back in this dealership. The last time I took my Dodge Dakota in for warranty work and tranny service, I got it back two quarts low of transmission fluid and had a HUGE door ding on the drivers side door. They fixed both but it required another trip to the dealer and another day without the truck. Same issue here they WILL fix it but it will require another day at the dealer. Any wonder why the auto business needs a bail out - I say let Congress give US the money and let US decide who stays in business with our buying dollars.

What is up with freakin' people these days? - they have no respect for other people's property. I keep my stuff looking like new and usually better than new. It has gotten so bad that I only take my vehicles (Truck, Van, 2 Harley's and a boat) to a dealer, any dealer, if the vehicle is under warranty - part of the reason is the ridiculous prices they charge but the other reason is that most of the time they fix one thing and screw up 3 or 4 more in the process. That is exactly why I do my own maintenance - at least if I screw it up, I have enough accountability to admit my fault and fix it.

AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggH!!!

Quick Reply: 3/36 warranty almost out - what to look for