3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

2003 diesel three tranmissions 20,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 diesel three tranmissions 20,000 miles

Conrad you are correct. Good hearing from you again. (Ken)

When the dealer repaired the unit this time they told me that the truck had the wrong drive shaft, It is the same drive shaft they put in back in Sept of 03. At that time they told me that the truck had the wrong drive shaft. Now how many time is this truck going to have the wrong drive shaft?

As to the Cat. Convertor I dont know how it got cracked, I just know that the overdrive houseing carck and the trans and ovdedrive section had to be replaced. The cracked convertor was found at the same time. Are the two problems related? I dont know.

Why am on battery number 4 and 5 in the truck? Again I dont know and neither does the dealer. They just replace the batteries when they fail.

As to the viberation at 78 to 83 miles per hour. The dealer told me that it was to in part to the incorrect drive shaft, and the power steering hose. I found the power steering part a little to beleive. But they showed me a bulletin on this. To correct the power steering viberation they installed a new hose with a 4 lbs. weight attached to it. I
Old 04-26-2004, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What are you doing to this truck??? Sounds very abnormal to me!!
Old 04-26-2004, 04:45 PM

Re: 2003 diesel three tranmissions 20,000 miles

Originally posted by baldeagle031840
Conrad you are correct. Good hearing from you again. (Ken)

When the dealer repaired the unit this time they told me that the truck had the wrong drive shaft, It is the same drive shaft they put in back in Sept of 03. At that time they told me that the truck had the wrong drive shaft. Now how many time is this truck going to have the wrong drive shaft?

As to the Cat. Convertor I dont know how it got cracked, I just know that the overdrive houseing carck and the trans and ovdedrive section had to be replaced. The cracked convertor was found at the same time. Are the two problems related? I dont know.

Why am on battery number 4 and 5 in the truck? Again I dont know and neither does the dealer. They just replace the batteries when they fail.

As to the viberation at 78 to 83 miles per hour. The dealer told me that it was to in part to the incorrect drive shaft, and the power steering hose. I found the power steering part a little to beleive. But they showed me a bulletin on this. To correct the power steering viberation they installed a new hose with a 4 lbs. weight attached to it. I
Eagle, if I was you, I'd bail out as fast as I could and rid yourself of the turkey.

Reading your saga reminds me of that old James Bond movie where James was called a walking doomsday machine.

Trade it in on a new Ford and be happy; life is too short.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:25 PM

Re: Re: 2003 diesel three tranmissions 20,000 miles

Originally posted by bulabula
Trade it in on a new Ford and be happy; life is too short.
That would be like trading in a ripped jacket, for a torn flannel shirt, in sub 0 weather. Why not get a good jacket to replace the ripped one?
Old 04-26-2004, 06:35 PM

If there was ever a LEMON; I would say you got it. Very bad luck. I would make DC give you a new truck. Get rid of this one.

Just my 2 cents..

Jeff
Old 04-27-2004, 07:15 PM

Hey Ken,

I'd say enough is enough. I'd pursue it through the Lemon Law and have them buy it back or give you a new one.

Sounds like most folks by far are having pretty good luck with the new trucks. My shoer has a dually with the 600. He pulls a 4 horse slant with living qtrs and hadn't had a lick of problems with it.

Looks like you just got the bad apple out of the bunch.

I'll drop by the college in a couple weeks and take you for a ride. Got some mods coming that'll make think twice about changing brands......

Good luck