2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Wires shred, oil light, low pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wires shred, oil light, low pressure?

alright, havn't gotten around to this yet, but hopin someone can help me out here, few months ago was on the way home from work (5 mile trip) and the oil pressure guage dropped to 0 and the light came on, pulled over right away figuring the oil is low, but it wasn't...

got home, popped the hood again, found the wires coming off of the main harness right at the front of the injection pump (i think 5 wires were in the loom) ripped apart, didn't find but 1 other wire to put back together...

anyone have a diagram i can look at with color codes or something so i can fix this, its annoying, truck runs fine, i know the one wire goes to the oil pan (thinking a level indicator for the little oil light?)

any help would be appreciated, thanks

keith
Old 10-12-2008, 08:03 AM

no one?...
Old 10-12-2008, 08:57 AM

I don't have a diagram or anything but how did your wires get ripped apart? I know I have one or two plugs near the injection pump that don't connect anywhere but I know that is different than yours being ripped apart.

Did the oil light stay on the whole time? Mine comes on a lot and the fix is to have the computer flashed but again it sounds like your problem is different.

Sorry I am not too much help but I am curious what happened.