2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

What's your CTD used for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:What's your CTD used for?

Driven when I am not driving by 18 wheeler.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is my daily driver for 50 mile round trip to work.

It also pulls the 30' "Home away from home" to places like this Nashville KOA and if you click on the picture,,,,,,,, you can see one of its other uses. ;D

Old 08-25-2003, 03:10 PM

I never use mine for daily commuting-drive a 1990 honda civic everywhere I can so the truck dont get all dented up! My pop-up camper stays on back 9 months out of the year cause I go fishin almost every weekend.Tow my boat a lot too.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:54 PM

it's a daily driver , chip truck + tow 10k chipper + 28k-35k gvw , log truck, firewood delivery truck, forestry skidder, snow removal, car crusher , & what ever else floats my boat at the moment or get a good laugh from

OH YEA one more thing almost forgot , chasin NYC taxi cabs that cut me off & pushin' them through the red light
now that's funny , watchin Ockmed the oil merchant turned cabi mess his shorts
Old 08-25-2003, 08:53 PM

i use mine to pull my dj 270 skidloader and my duck boat ;D ;D
Old 08-26-2003, 12:23 AM

Hammer lane clearing is mine's main duty - 52 mile round trip of RTP traffic at hair-on-fire speed. Whatever gets dropped on the gooseneck gets moved wth aplomb - so far have had a MF300 combine , 30' tall, 9 ' diameter grain bins ;D, tractors, 6K pounds of castle wall block, several hundred board feet of roughcut lumber (and the logs they were originally), basically whatever needs to be moved.

One of these days the trailer will get painted so it will look as good as the truck - until then the scratches are just battle scars ;D
Old 09-17-2003, 06:28 PM

Looking good in the driveway and , oh yea, bringing home my wifes other 6 cars when they break.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Chapter President

a cableguy transporter
Old 09-17-2003, 08:12 PM

Ahh, hunting season in Texas. I've hauled four loads of sacked feed corn at 20,000lbs a load in the past two weeks. My family has a feed store, and our normal feed supplier can't keep up with demand. I actually passed a durojunk hauling about a 5,000lb tractor up a hill last week. ;D
Old 09-17-2003, 08:25 PM

Daily driver around 70 miles a day round trip, depending on which route I take. Hauling fire wood, hauling the 2120 ford, pulling the ATVs and the wifes hay burners. Her next truck will be a CTD heck it will out run and get better mileage than her Tundra.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:48 PM

Around the farm, take up town to annoy the college kids, drive to work half the time and the occasional hook to the sled here and there. ;D
carty
Old 09-18-2003, 07:11 AM

Use mine for trips to the mountains of PA, hauling firewood, dirt, rocks, stone, sand, etc... I have a 1996 toyota for daily commutes. I need a shoehorn to get inside but it saves my truck for when I need it.
-Jason
Old 09-18-2003, 07:31 AM

picking up chicks ;D
Old 09-18-2003, 09:52 AM
Banned

Id have to say mine is used for a hobby, I like adding accessories to it, and modifing things. I do use it to pull a 36' gooseneck that we keep or toys in, and on some of the longer trips, we will take the dually. Mostly it just sits in the drive, and I tinker. My neighbors probally think dodge builds a terrible truck, because they always see me working on, under, or in it. But they wouldn't know much, they are the kind that only do something when it is to late, and take there cars to the dealer for everything, even oil changes.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:43 PM

Y-not,
My neighbors are the same way. they wouldn't know what preventative maintenance was if it fell out of the sky, landed on their faces and started to wiggle. Anyway, they think my Dodge is in need of constant repair. They haven't figured out yet that mine ALWAYS starts when I want it to and somehow, the weather is always nice when mine needs work done. go figure? And thier car breaks down in a thunderstorm and they stare at it with the hood open. I do all of my maintenance myself and it costs me less for a year on a 3/4 ton diesel pickup than they pay in one trip to the dealer in thier minivan.
~Jason
Oh yeah, they ask me how much it costs me to do an oil change myself on my truck and I tell them. They get a kick out of that and tell me: "Oh , we get ours done for $20 at some quick lube. Then I say: "I change the oil in my gasser toyota for $5".

Quick Reply: What's your CTD used for?