2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Vulcan fuel pump relocation kit problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vulcan fuel pump relocation kit problem

Hello guys,

This is my first post and I thought maybe someone here could help. A friend of mine has installed a vulcan fuel pump relocation kit and a pillar mount gauge( isspro)in his '01 dodge. He followed the instructions exactly like they said. Here is the problem, When driving the gauge is reading a steady 12lbs for a while and then it starts to creep up and eventually pegs the gauge. When he shuts the truck off, it never goes back to 0 unless he breaks the fitting on the gauge side of the isolator. To check the gauge, he installed another type of gauge to the isolator and it seemed to work for a while and then it went up to 24lbs. A little later it was back to 12lbs. the isolator and tubing to the gauge was carefully filled using a syringe so as to eliminate as much air as possible. The only thing I know to do now is to install a gauge under the hood directly to the line feeding the isolator. Does this sound like an isolator problem or could it actually be pushing this much pressure? the pump is a stock type but it is new( purchased through cummins).

By the way, I have enjoyed this site and there seems to be a lot of great info available on here. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
David
Old 07-19-2006, 08:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It sounds like there is a problem with the isolator, if it happened with both gauges.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:31 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This issue is totally unrelated to the Vulcan kit itself.

Isolators give more trouble(s) than they are worth IMO.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not think it was anything to do with the vulcan kit itself. Everything seems to work fine as far as how the truck runs. I just wanted to be sure that it was not actually pushing this much fuel pressure. I would suspect if it was pushing this much pressure, some other problem would have presented itself but I am not sure.

thanks guys
David