2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Two tone paint schemes...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Two tone paint schemes for a 94 Dodge dually ...

I just picked up a 94 dually Std. cab with a bad case of the dreaded paint peel issue. Being Im going to prep and shoot the whole rig myself I'm thinking about doing something a little different. Id like to do a two tone paint scheme with Hot Rod Flatz paint. Its a semi gloss primer look that is washable and even waxable now. looking for two tone paint schemes that are different in that they separate the colors off of the body lines for a non stock look. Ive done several Google and Bing searches without much luck.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 PM

I realize you're going for a much different look but I had my red 95 painted red/white by Maaco. This was a factory option in 1995 called Waterfall paint. Since this photo was made I've installed new original type side molding to breakup the white and added a Rancho wraparound rear bumper.

So far I like it.
Attached Thumbnails Two tone paint schemes...-truck.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by moparguy
I realize you're going for a much different look but I had my red 95 painted red/white by Maaco. This was a factory option in 1995 called Waterfall paint. Since this photo was made I've installed new original type side molding to breakup the white and added a Rancho wraparound rear bumper.

So far I like it.
Wow, that is beautiful!

My shop colors are orange, black and silver and I had kinda of given up on using those colors but after seeing yours with a few modifications it might work after all. Thanks so much for posting your pic up.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:21 AM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
I think the waterfall scheme as mentioned above, or the lower rocker scheme looks best on this body style.

The belt line two tone with the 1" strip always looked to disco for me!!

I also think the flat colors break up the truck and look good if done right....
Old 12-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you like...You could look at my truck in my gallery...Red and black...It's not a stock red...It's a RM red base with gold flake...

I counld believe how many shades of red are in the RM line...I bet there was 50 paint chips...
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
If you like...You could look at my truck in my gallery...Red and black...It's not a stock red...It's a RM red base with gold flake...

I couldn't believe how many shades of red are in the RM line...I bet there was 50 paint chips...

Yeah I've been checking yours out for a while now. Did you buy a new grill and paint it black or did you scuff up the old one and shoot it? Really like the final paint on it but at the same time the pre paint red and black was pretty flashy as well. Thinking about keeping it more earthy... Black top and suede bottom with some sort of bright pinstripe to brake up the muted colors. I probably wont know what color it is going to be until I actually buy the paint.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Metal Twister
Yeah I've been checking yours out for a while now. Did you buy a new grill and paint it black or did you scuff up the old one and shoot it? Really like the final paint on it but at the same time the pre paint red and black was pretty flashy as well. Thinking about keeping it more earthy... Black top and suede bottom with some sort of bright pinstripe to brake up the muted colors. I probably wont know what color it is going to be until I actually buy the paint.
My truck never came with the sport option...I bought a used sport grill and bumper..

After I painted the truck,I decided to do something different with the grill...The grill is also two tone...I did a air brush fade between the black and red...I really regert I didn't think of the two tone fade before...I would of done the whole truck in a two tone fade instead of using a pin strip between the colors...It was just a experiment on the grill and would of looked really different with the whole truck done the same...