2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Tracking Bar Question / Front end stuff

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Tracking Bar Question / Front end stuff

Call Darin direct and ask your questions. I am sure he can help you.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:08 PM

I also installed the Lukes Link on my trackbar, if it needs to be rebuilt it is cheeper than a new trackbar. ;D
Old 04-23-2003, 08:33 PM

thanx guys for all info., very well informed people here, lots of useful info.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:05 PM

I just wanted to state this information for those that want to order a Darin Steering Stablizer (DSS). My reason is that I've personally gotten several emails asking how to order and the price. This is the latest information I have if it is not current someone please correct me. <br>$139.00 plus $22.00 shipping=$161.00 <br>You can send a check to: <br>Darin Tessier <br>Box 301 Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada <br>S4H 2K <br><br>It will take around 30 days from the time you mail your check until you get your DSS. I also included my truck description and where I wanted my DSS mailed. Hope this helps. <br><br>I am not affiliated, just a happy customer.<br><br>If you want more information on the unit or have questions try this email address. It is Marv Windecker m.windecker@sk.sympatico.ca <br><br>This one is Darins but he is usually busy making DSS's mttrk@sk.sympatico.ca<br><br>Hope this helps those that want their steering improved. It sure worked on my truck.<br> <br> <br> <br>
Old 04-24-2003, 02:51 PM

Lukes Link. Only way to go. It's a no brainer.<br><br>Also, the tracking bar replacement idea. Yes there are some that have a lifetime guarantee, but they still have to be replaced when they wear out. I have yet to hear of a Luke Link wearing out.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:44 AM

I have the Lukes Link on my truck but still have problems with the death wobble. Just replaced the shocks on the truck too. Any ideas what could be causing it? Any help would be appreciated. Steve.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:45 AM

I just replaced my trackbar yesterday with a Moog $181.99 it still has a slight wobble. The best I can tell the tie rods are all good and tight. I may need to jack it up and check my ball joints. Also I have some real crappy tires some off brand that are not near heavy enough for the Dodge. I am wanting to get all the front end fixed before I buy some new shoes for it. Do you think this could be part of my problem? <br>By the way I'm new here and have been reading this as well as other sites for some time. I just got my 2500 4x4 a few weeks ago.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:42 PM

I experienced the death wobble about 2-3 months ago. I just now got around to getting it fixed. The first shop I went to told me my track bar was shot, ball joints were bad, and u-joints were bad.<br><br>However, I got a second opinion and they told me my track bar and u-joints were fine. The only thing that needed replaced were the ball joints. And I needed a tire alignment/rotation.<br><br>So far, so good. So I'd check the ball joints and alignment if you're still having problems with the wobble.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:54 PM

The front end tightened up when I first replaced the overside tires with factory ones 245x75x16. 85% better now with my last fix which was new Rancho 9000x shocks. Much better quality then OEM.<br><br>It fixed most of the loose steering.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:00 AM

I just read all 23 pages of posts about Darin's steering stabilzer...<br><br>WOW! I want one! And now they are also available through Piers Diesel Research with much quicker shipping times. This may be my next project on my truck.<br><br>
Old 05-15-2003, 04:56 PM

I was told the same thing about the track bar needing to be replaced.am thinking about the lukes link,is cheaper and easier to replace
Old 05-15-2003, 05:22 PM

I just ordered the steering stabilizer from Piers. They are out-of-stock right now, but he expects to have more in about a week and a half. Same price as ordering from Canada, but shipping to Colorado is only $14, so I save a little there.<br><br>I figure the Lukes Links will probably be my NEXT project.<br>
Old 05-15-2003, 07:23 PM

Count me as another satisfied customer with the DSS Darin's Steering Stabilizer! Simple installation - 1hr. <br><br>Installed it before I took the truck to FL towing my 8k lb. boat. Definitely was worth the investment. Took a long time to get it delivered from Canada. I dealt directly with Marv - nice guys.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:50 AM

I recently had a real bad experience with the death wobble and nearly got ejected from the truck it was so bad.<br><br>I had put new shocks on so I knew it wasn't that. I didn't know anything about the tracking bar wear problems but my problem was fixed with a new steering damper.<br><br>It seems that the local small town dealer replaced my steering damper a year or so a go, under warranty, with a non Chrysler damper from some after market parts house and it wasn't up to the task. They also removed the steel bushing inside the rubber grommet on one end to get it into the mounting bracket which speeded up the wear.<br><br>I bought and properly installed myself the Chrysler part which is beefier and have had no more wobble problems.<br><br>I need to check the tracking bar now just incase.<br><br>Good stuff her guys!!! ;D<br><br>
Old 05-20-2003, 05:52 PM

all,<br><br>'been reading about the DSS thing with great interest because I just found out I have a couple of bad tie rod ends. my 02 truck has 18K on it. So it will be going in for warranty work for that, but my question is:<br><br>1. does this DSS thing improve tie rod wear? <br>2. does anyone have pics? Sorry if I missed a post that included them

Quick Reply: Tracking Bar Question / Front end stuff