2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

thinking of fuel tank/tool box combo. who has em,what is your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinking of fuel tank/tool box combo. who has em,what is your opinion?

well, ive had my truck for about 7 months now, and am actually thinking of buying a tool box with the fuel tank below the actual box~<br> tell me what you currently own, and what you do and dont like about it, where you got it, and of course, how much <br><br>thanks for the advice<br><br>BRYAN
Old 12-28-2002, 07:33 PM

Re:thinking of fuel tank/tool box combo. who has em,what is your opinion?

I have been looking for one as well. I like the boxes that transferflow offers but I they are way pricey. Nortern tool also seems to have a good selection and they are about half the cost.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:03 PM
DPG

Re:thinking of fuel tank/tool box combo. who has em,what is your opinion?

PPB:<br><br>I have the Transferflow 74 gal aux tank, with the computer and fuel gauge. I bought it with the truck, so I'm not sure of the price, but I think the combo is about $1000.00, but that's just a guess. I love the set-up. The fuel gauge gives me a readout of the amount of gallons in each tank, and the total. It also has a built-in monitoring system that continually checks the equipment for any problems. The computer also keeps the levels of each tank the same. For example, when the main tank is half full, so is the aux tank. As the fuel is used out of the main tank, the computer transfers enough fuel from the aux. tank to maintain equal levels, proportionally. I should mention that this rig doesn't have a tool box, just the aux tank, which is wedge-shaped. But I thought I would give you my input on Transferflow. I have found that you pretty much get what you pay for.<br><br>Hope this helps.<br><br>DeWain