2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Shocks? KYB's or Bilstein's

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KYB MonoMax

I just put the KYB MonoMax's on my 2004.5 Dodge 3500 SRW. I live back a state maintained (when they feel like it) gravel road that gets pretty wash board like between infrequent grading. The stock shocks would not keep the truck tires down - they were some sort of cheap Brazilian shock.

I looked that the Bs and KYBs and could not decide. I talked with tech people at both and both were very helpful. They both agreed and explained that I wanted a mono-tube shock and for a heavy truck doing some towing.

I know that many people in the forum run the Bs - and like them, however, a local mechanic really recommended the KYBs. They were also a little cheaper. I decided to go with the KYB Monos.

Ordered them from Performance Peddler - I checked their prices on the website, then called to cofirm everything before I ordered and they knocked a few more dollars off each shock. They were under $220 delivered. Got the fronts in two days and the rears in about 5 (they were out of stock and had to get them from KYB). Performance Peddler seemed very knowledgable and I got a bunch of e-mails keeping me updated on the order and shipping. Very smooth process and I would order from them again.

I believe for my 2004.5 they were 565105 and 565018

www.performancepeddler.com

They really make a HUGE difference over the stock shocks. Recommend you go with the KYB Monos but I am sure that either is an improvement.