2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Robbed and have a question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Most places do have a policy about not being liable about lost or stolen items. However I would think most places would still try and covering their own butts by keeping the lot well lighted or have security cameras. If they are rebuilding your trans again for the four time (warning conspiracy therory) it almost sounds like an inside job, if your truck was out front and not locked in the shop or behind the fence.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More info.

They are only repairing it for the second time. It is under warranty and nothing was signed because the truck was dropped off on a Sunday night after they were closed. I was told that the truck would be kept in a secure area which was not done! The shop has lighting and security cams all around it and when I asked about seeing the tape they told me Why and you cant see anything and a bunch of other stuff. I do not believe the cameras are working or they are just dummy's. I did file a police report and will be calling them tomorrow with my list. I am going to call my insurance company tomorrow (with out telling them who I am) to ask them a couple of questions.

I think that I will tell the owners of the shop that if I have to report the loss to my insurance company that I will tell them that their shop forgot to lock the truck and they will probably end up paying the loss anyway.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your agent should be able to help especially if he's been in the business a while. Also, READ YOUR POLICY in case your agent answers off the top of his head & gives incorrect information. "Hypothetically, how does my policy deal with xxx situation." How is reimbursement calculated ie replacement cost, straight line depreciation, fair market value??? Is it a chargeable claim? How would it affect my rates? Much better to call the agent where it's off the record than the carrier direct where it's recorded.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
I agree with Valv they should pay for your losses. If not I would sue them, why should your insurance go up because they failed to secure your vehicle in a locked building or gated yard. Good Luck