2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Left Rear speaker not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left Rear speaker not working

I'm replacing the sound system in my 2500. I used to have the infinity system from factory. I replaced the deck and installed the left front speaker (sounds great so far) but I can't get the left rear speaker to work. Can someone tell if the left rear speaker from the factory infinity system are wired directly to the radio or if it is wired to the amplifier on the left front speaker?
if they are going to the front speaker it would great if someone would have the wiring color code going to the amp front speakers. I search the site but I can't seemed to find what I looking for.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Far as I know only the door speakers have amps.
I'll bet you missed a wire on the new set up or it has a poor connection.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:47 AM

I'll check my connection. There's only two wire going to the speaker. So you're saying that the rear speakers are wired directly to the deck.
Thanks for the info.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My Infinity and the Sony aftermarket I installed had a fader control, like a balance control front to rear.
Could it be that you just don't have the new stereo adjusted right?
I've had my new one for five years and still don't know how to work everything.
Been quite some time but it seems to me like there has to be four speaker wires and a ground.

Sorry if it seems too simple, just covering what it possibly could be.
Most importantly, don't assume that because the stereo is new that it works right.
Seems like nowdays lots of products are broken right out of the box.
Swap wires around when you pull it out to eliminate a problem with the truck's wiring and speaker.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:06 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I recently had a system that the left front and left rear were not working, I assumed that the left channel had failed. Turned out it was a broken wire in the front and a bad speaker in the rear. Throw a test speaker on first then wring out the wires.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:28 PM

The reason the left rear speaker wont work is because it runs through the large connector that was on the front speaker. Because the truck has/had the infinity setup from the factory it will require you to jumper two wires in the drivers door. I no longer have access to alldata so i am not sure what colors the wires are but i "think" the wires going TO the rear speaker are brown/blue and brown/yellow.. but you should be able to do a continuity test and figure out which ones another solution would be to run speaker wire but i'd say it would be way easier to just jump the wires in the door

hope this helps

Chris