2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Installing cab lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing cab lights?

I was interested in installing overhead cab lights on a 2002 2500 with the older body style. Does anybody know if Mopar still sells the overhead cab light kit for the older 2nd gen RAM's. I was wanting to get the original kit from Mopar instead of getting the aftermarket lights....

Thanks for any help & suggestions.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Chapter President

Yeah they still sell them. A friend of mine bought some for his 05' a while back. Later we found out that the dealer sold him cab lights for an 02' body style truck. He might still have them cause he recently swapped them out for some recons. He's on here let me check for his login name.....

Ok, check on here for TNLoneWolf and send him a message. I'm sure he's still got the cab lights. I'll call him today and confirm and tell him if your interested in buying some used ones.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
Yeah they still sell them. A friend of mine bought some for his 05' a while back. Later we found out that the dealer sold him cab lights for an 02' body style truck. He might still have them cause he recently swapped them out for some recons. He's on here let me check for his login name.....

Ok, check on here for TNLoneWolf and send him a message. I'm sure he's still got the cab lights. I'll call him today and confirm and tell him if your interested in buying some used ones.
Thanks for the information. I have heard others say that Mopar has the part numbers mixed up for the cab lights too & they have sold them the wrong ones. I would be interested in them, but the only problem is that I am wanting the entire kit with wiring harness & template - everything....I think I will just go to the Dodge dealership & try to get the kit through them.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:26 PM

A few years ago my friend had some put in when his truck got painted. And the body shop had to wire them in from scratch because dodge had quit making the harness. Hopefully you will have better luck
Old 08-15-2009, 03:36 PM

The part number you want is 82207252 This includes the lights and harness, it also includes a template but it is for third gens. Check out this post https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ab+roof+lights and this write up http://www.phildorsett.com/clearancelights.html
Old 08-17-2009, 07:06 AM
Chapter President

You don't need no stinkin' template. Pull the headliner and it has five holes in the inner sheet metal layer where the light wires protrude. I had my headliner out in less than 10 minutes so don't fall for the "takes to much time" line. I drilled a hole for my main wire dead center on the holes on the inside, fed the wire through the outside to inside with the light. Eyeballed the lights on the roof, took some measurments to make sure they were within tolerances(1/8" or less) and drilled the holes. Watch your drill bits, that second layer on the inside will break them.

I screwed them down and tadaaaa, pics in my gallery.

It's not that big of a deal, a wire harness is a plus though, speeds things up for sure. If you don't have a bunch of other lights and such you could probably get away with connecting them in with your parking lights but just watch how many lights you put on that circuit.