2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Hail storm demolished my Truck!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GFB
You know golf ***** have those little dimples to help it fly farther and faster. Maybe you should keep the insurance check and reap the benefits of less wind drag lol.
Good idea.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks - my condolences.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I don't like fresh paint, seems to attract scratches. I do excavating & I know it will be scratched the first day.
You'll have to borrow the mrs. ride...
Old 06-18-2008, 12:45 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
The weather's been crazy weird this year out west too! Sorry to hear about the damage to your rig. At least every one is alright. That horse must be bruised up pretty good too!

Hang in there, there's worse things happening to others around the world! And for no good reasons. This may not help you feel any better but it sure helps me once I calm down to remember it!

Kurt

Last edited by SIXSLUG; 06-18-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added thought
Old 06-18-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by kurtaing
The weather's been crazy weird this year out west too! Sorry to hear about the damage to your rig. At least every one is alright. That horse must be bruised up pretty good too!

Hang in there, there's worse things happening to others around the world! And for no good reasons. This may not help you feel any better but it sure helps me once I calm down to remember it!

Kurt
Same up here in Canada. Every year the weather gets worse and worse. Our summers are getting so short too. Global warming is here for sure!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Banned

Damage total $6900. Got the appraisal this afternoon. Needs new drivers door skin [yes the one that I fixed this year] A roof replacement, drivers fender & paint. Came to 51% of the trucks value, possibly can be totaled is what the bodyshop says.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:49 PM

Let them total it, and fix it for a grand or two in used parts and paint it yourself.

That's what I'd do...
Old 06-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Let them total it, and fix it for a grand or two in used parts and paint it yourself.

That's what I'd do...
I am planning on pulling the dents on the roof, buying a drivers door shell, cowl induction hood & getting it painted up. I would paint it if it was winter time, but I just don't have the time to do the job.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I am planning on pulling the dents on the roof, buying a drivers door shell, cowl induction hood & getting it painted up. I would paint it if it was winter time, but I just don't have the time to do the job.
Good deal. I forgot about the dry ice trick. Now that it is stinking hot down here (and I think hail season is about over), I am going to try it to see if I can get some dents to pop out of the roof. Mine was no where near as bad as yours sounds.
I have been looking for a cowl hood that wasn't too terribly expensive. LMC truck parts has some that don't look too bad. Reflexxion (sp?) is another brand. If you don't mind, let me know what other manufacturers you come across if you start searching. Shipping sucks on something that big, I was trying to locally source it, but no luck yet.

Thanks,
~Rob
Old 06-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hotdram
Good deal. I forgot about the dry ice trick. Now that it is stinking hot down here (and I think hail season is about over), I am going to try it to see if I can get some dents to pop out of the roof. Mine was no where near as bad as yours sounds.
I have been looking for a cowl hood that wasn't too terribly expensive. LMC truck parts has some that don't look too bad. Reflexxion (sp?) is another brand. If you don't mind, let me know what other manufacturers you come across if you start searching. Shipping sucks on something that big, I was trying to locally source it, but no luck yet.

Thanks,
~Rob
Summit price matches most advertised prices. I usually pull that trick out my hat.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM
JLM

when the tornado hit my house here in south carolina my truck was parked in front of my house at the road and my wifes suburban was where my truck was usually parked and the old pecan tree fell right on top of it totally destroying it.... but yet they didnt total.... replace the whole roof on it.... truck is only worth a little over nine grand and they put a little over seven grand in it.. thats not counting all the money to replace all the glass.....
Old 06-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JLM
when the tornado hit my house here in south carolina my truck was parked in front of my house at the road and my wifes suburban was where my truck was usually parked and the old pecan tree fell right on top of it totally destroying it.... but yet they didnt total.... replace the whole roof on it.... truck is only worth a little over nine grand and they put a little over seven grand in it.. thats not counting all the money to replace all the glass.....
Thats what I figured, but It isn't that I want it totalled. It only needs a little work on my part & money on there part. I'll have it like new again. The engine only has 24k miles & the tranny has 400 since rebuild. I just replaced the entire front steering components this winter & I would be very mad if it got totalled over a dented hood & fenders.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Banned

My insurance rep showed up today & is suppose to call me with his estimate tomorrow. He wants me to meet up with the "dent wizard" guys this week & see what they can do about popping the dents before he cuts a check. I'd sure hate to be the guy who tries to pop about 500 dents out of my truck.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:06 AM

I had this happen to a car. I noticed a bunch of dents in the hood, roof and trunk, but the body shop/adjuster noticed dents in every piece of body panel too. Since it was one of the insurance company's perfered repair sites, there were no questions asked. They sanded the whole car to bare metal, popped/banged out what they could and skim-coated the rest. New paint and clear coat, plus a few new pieces of trim, finished the job. Oh, and the only loaner car they had was a convertable. The claim never effected my rate, never even came up during any policy reviews. Got to love the act of God clause!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:16 AM

Hail hit a high end horse trailer dealer near me this past Monday, looks like it got just about every trailer on the lot, $900,000 inventory. The had damage on the roofs and sides. This was baseball sized hail. The owner says she has some coverage, but this will probably put her out of business as people don't want a dented $75,000 horse trailer and aluminum can't be fixed without replacing the panels.. The state had to bring out snow plows to get it off the road, had like 6-9 inches.

Quick Reply: Hail storm demolished my Truck!!!!!!!