2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Guess I'm a new 12V cummins owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guess I'm a new 12V cummins owner

1998 12V 4x4 Shortbox QuadCab Auto (auto and engine seem very tight) 90,000 miles one owner, It's not a bad truck it has no rust looks like new underneath, has air,cruise,PW,PDL,heated mirrors,tow package,410 gears,sure grip rear, its blue with grey interior needs a drivers seat the guy was about 400lbs, big owie on the box but rest of body mint, needs seals for power steering pump, timing cover, front rotors... okay engine has never been touched runs awesome ,back seat and tail gate never used
, big *** boat rack going bye bye, needs a gear shifter and it stinks like wet dog. Comes with a new 8000 lbs warn winch and bush bar, the engine has never been touched so it needs the KDP fixed, valves adjusted and some BOMBING Also has a brand new 5th wheel hitch he installed never used as he got sick this was an estate sale so it was sell sell
Old 01-23-2006, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats on the truck, sounds like a nice one.

(And by the way, many around here would consider the smell of what dog a bonus )

Rich
Old 01-23-2006, 01:19 PM

When you jerk the seats out, go ahead and do yourself a favor and remove the carpet. You're most of the way there after the seats are out. Take the carpet, flop it over a fence and borrow a pressure washer and scrub-a-dub the carpet... You'll be amazed how much is embedded in there.
PO of my truck smoked cigars, tracked manure inside and had grandkids that spilled their colorful softdrinks in the carpet.
Also with the carpet out, you'll find out if you have the "passenger floorboard funk" growing under the carpet pad...
Between fixing the A/C condensate leak and cleaning the carpet, that truck smells much MUCH better
K.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up

Here's a crappy pic

Old 01-24-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SoTexRattler
When you jerk the seats out, go ahead and do yourself a favor and remove the carpet. You're most of the way there after the seats are out. Take the carpet, flop it over a fence and borrow a pressure washer and scrub-a-dub the carpet... You'll be amazed how much is embedded in there.
K.
Great idea. I spent the first weekend with my truck gutting and cleaning the interior. I used that TKO Orange Cleaner. Gets out any grease spots and deodorizes. I nailed my carpet to the outside garage wall and went at it. Almost had to shovel up the crap that came out.
You should pay Piers a visit, megajolt. His shop is in Surrey. He'll talk you ear off. Great guy with lots of time for his customers.
Good luck with your truck.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:01 PM

TKO Orange Cleaner sounds good where did you get it from ?

I'm waiting for my bud to get back from Mexico he's good friends with Piers so