2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Found 1/4" putty in bedside, can't be Dodge.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MRFD715
You guys are right about dealers "playing stupid" when they have a vehicle with damage. The truck I bought had obviously been in an accident and the people that repaired it did a very half rate job of it. The dealer tried to tell me it was a straight vehicle and showed me the "clean" carfax report but I could tell by the way he acted he knew there was something wrong with it. So after some words were exchanged and I basically told them they were trying to screw people I walked out of there with an 01 that had 50,000 miles on it for $12,000. It really irritates me that people lie about things like that because most people don't know what to look for and are just taking someones word. Anyway, glad it was a fairly easy fix J Lent, looking forward to seeing some more pics because after seeing the ones you have already posted it's really got me thinking I should repaint my truck.
I just walked in for a lunch break. I have been sanding inner fenders & lower firewall all morning, this sucks! I am almost ready to bolt the front fenders on & still haven't found that camera. We are thinking that our son may have thrown it in the garbage. I have no way of getting pics right now, but If the camera doesn't show up soon, I'll go buy another.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by J Lent
With my luck, the panel would warp. I am surprised about this issue. The guy did a good job on the paint, couldn't see where it was repainted. I'm just stumped on how he would use that much mud instead of doing it right. It only took me a few hours to straighten most of it out. I only did the parts I could get to, gonna finish the job once the bed is removed. I am in the process of changing the drivers side front fender, that is a job, lots of stuff bolted to that side. My wife lost my camera somewhere in our house, I think the baby got it...who knows where that thing could be? If I find it, I'll get some pics up for everyone. I'll post them under my thread "Painting my truck".
Hope you find your camera. That really stinks. Anyway it takes very little heat directly on the plastic and it comes right off. I don't think you have to barely get the metal itself hardly warm. I believe a heat gun would do it but I don't have one, just the ole fire wrench. My wife smacked the left rear of mine into a tree about a month ago. She thought it was nothing but the cheapest shop of three was over $1,700. We have a $1,000 deductible so I fixed it myself since I already had bought a new bumper but not installed it yet. I didn't do a great repair since it was buckled so badly right into itself in the corner but i looks OK for now despite painting it in 45* weather with the wrong reducer for the temp, under a tarp with a couple lights so I could see @ 8:30 in the evening. It started raining about 15 minutes after i got done. I had to do it outside or pull the canopy off which I didn't want to do since I just wanted to be able to open the tailgate again.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Hope you find your camera. That really stinks. Anyway it takes very little heat directly on the plastic and it comes right off. I don't think you have to barely get the metal itself hardly warm. I believe a heat gun would do it but I don't have one, just the ole fire wrench. My wife smacked the left rear of mine into a tree about a month ago. She thought it was nothing but the cheapest shop of three was over $1,700. We have a $1,000 deductible so I fixed it myself since I already had bought a new bumper but not installed it yet. I didn't do a great repair since it was buckled so badly right into itself in the corner but i looks OK for now despite painting it in 45* weather with the wrong reducer for the temp, under a tarp with a couple lights so I could see @ 8:30 in the evening. It started raining about 15 minutes after i got done. I had to do it outside or pull the canopy off which I didn't want to do since I just wanted to be able to open the tailgate again.
Exactly why my wife doesn't drive my truck. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, That sucks. I got my fender installed & ready for body work tomorrow after work, its coming along!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exactly why my wife doesn't drive my truck. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, That sucks. I got my fender installed & ready for body work tomorrow after work, its coming along!!!!
I sure wasn't happy. Especially with her attitude about it, saying it was no big deal. Then trying to tell me it was MY fault because I have a canopy on it??? I didn't even bother to point out it was the drivers side and if she was looking through the canopy then that's likely why she hit it.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Russ Roth
I sure wasn't happy. Especially with her attitude about it, saying it was no big deal. Then trying to tell me it was MY fault because I have a canopy on it??? I didn't even bother to point out it was the drivers side and if she was looking through the canopy then that's likely why she hit it.
My wife knows better than to say "no big deal" to me....last time that comment cost her a cell phone.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's a good one.
When I was living in Mexico I ran into a cow with my Toyota PU. Pulled the radiator out of the fan, baling wired the hood down and drove home.
Figured the ten year old truck wasn't worth fixing.
Went out of town for a week and a good buddy thought he'd give me a gift by having a Mexican body shop fix it up.
I came back and it looked great, from a distance.
On closer inspection the new paint job was full of flies and sand.
Turned out it was Friday the the Mexican bodyman wanted to get paid to buy his weekend beer so he drove the truck 15 miles to deliver it with wet paint.
Oh well, I still have the '82 with almost 300k on it.
Just don't look at the paint job.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by infidel
Here's a good one.
When I was living in Mexico I ran into a cow with my Toyota PU. Pulled the radiator out of the fan, baling wired the hood down and drove home.
Figured the ten year old truck wasn't worth fixing.
Went out of town for a week and a good buddy thought he'd give me a gift by having a Mexican body shop fix it up.
I came back and it looked great, from a distance.
On closer inspection the new paint job was full of flies and sand.
Turned out it was Friday the the Mexican bodyman wanted to get paid to buy his weekend beer so he drove the truck 15 miles to deliver it with wet paint.
Oh well, I still have the '82 with almost 300k on it.
Just don't look at the paint job.
Did he get paid?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Did he get paid?
Yep, right on time for a weekend of partying.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by infidel
Yep, right on time for a weekend of partying.
Hate when that happens.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, I used Permatex stripper & a razor blade...slicker than SSSSHHHHH.
iiiitttt...