2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Fluid leak around brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nickg
yep, just unbolt the MC from the booster, and gently lay to the side,(fender side of truck) secure it with twine/zip ties so it can't fall and kink the lines. unhook the pressure lines from the booster. from inside cab unhook the rod that goes to the pedal, and remove the booster mounting bolts (cant remember if nuts are in the cab or under hood) pull the booster out of the truck, assemble in reverse order

when installing new booster pay attention to the length of the rod that is inbetween the booster and the MC, sometimes they dont come with the rod or the rod is the wrong length, so make sure you measure it. if too short or too long you will have brake problems!! if required your old rod can be removed and installed into the new booster

Thanks for the help. I got the new booster installed & everything works well. It was kind of tough getting the booster out with the master cylinder lines attached....mc didn't want to move around very much with lines attached.

New booster works well & no leaks....Brakes do have a different feel to them though. I've noticed that you seem to have to get on the brakes a little harder than before. I just figure it has to do with the feel of the the new booster.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LanceD
mine only leaks if I am holding the brakes and doing a burnout, or spooling up the turbo for racing. it drips down a few drops, but it never leaks any other time. should I still replace it or is this normal?

if brakes are working well & booster functions correctly the way it's supposed to then i don't think i would be too concerned about it......

i just replaced mine because i was getting fluid leaking back into the cab through the front seal of the booster.....if i parked uphill it would come in the cab real bad after leaving it overnight.