2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Disaster Averted!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know what you're talking about. When I sold my 01.5 six speed I laid on the couch for 2 days and wouldn't do anything. I loved that pickup. I still email the owner asking if he'll sell it back to me. We sold it when my daughter was 2, she's 5 now and still ask's "is that man ever going to bring the red truck back."
Old 06-10-2009, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually went through with it and sold my '01.5. Had to to keep from losing more important stuff when I got laid off. Now, I see my old truck out on the road quite often with its new owner and the f***er always waves at me. I don't know if he's trying to smear it in my face or if it's a sincere "hello" wave but I absolutely loathe him for it. If you can avoid it, don't sell your truck!
Old 06-11-2009, 04:50 PM

Back when I bought my truck I looked for 5 months before I finally found the one with everything I wanted. Red was not my first color choice, but whatever it had the important stuff I wanted (leather, 6 speed, 4x4, QC SB, sliding rear window, non work truck etc.) I have owned it almost 6 years now and decided to sell it one day 2 years ago. I had a guy come look at it that was down from Wyoming who just retired and was visiting family. He came to look at it and I could tell he really liked it. He brought his wife back over and said all the trucks up north were rusted out and could not believe how clean mine was. They had just bought a travel trailer and were looking for this exact model to tow it with 24 valve 6 speed and wanted 4x4 and qc being in Wyoming.
They took it for a test drive and then he said he had to go talk to his bank and would call back the next day.
When he called back he asked if if would accept 1K lower than my asking price. Earlier in the day, I had decided to keep my truck and and told him I was sorry but it was not for sale any longer. Then he offered asking price and I said "sorry I decided to keep it." Then he said I want your truck, I will offer you 1K more than your asking price. $1500 more? lol, I still have my truck.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:10 PM

It is true about southern vehicles staying a lot nicer. My Dodge came to me from Texas and when I let it go last year it was still a lot cleaner than the POS GMC Z71 I ended up with. The Z71 has always been a northern truck, and that is why now I have the problem I have with it--rusted fuel lines, busted and leaking on top of the tank. So now the tank needs to be dropped. It gets better--the leak never showed up until the day after I filled the tank. Part of the reason I got rid of the Dodge was it was 2wd and did not have limited slip. It was THE worst vehicle I ever had for driving in the snow, even beating out the 2 Camaros I've had. Next truck will hopefully be a southern 4x4 CTD Dodge.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's see...
A Toyota truck (Tacoma or tundra): 15 mpg, 17 at best. 50% of the towing capacity (not the paper one, the mountain pass one) at 7-10 mpg.
Another gas truck: see above, 12 to 15 mpg, 7 mpg towing, plus less reliable.
A V8 diesel truck: well, its Ok but I really like the low end torque of the inline 6 Cummins. It may be subjective but I guess many people share this opinion.
Now, my truck: 18-23 mpg empty, 12 towing in the mountains, acceleration better than a car, paid for.
The choice is clear for me even from the utilitarian point of view, let alone that we simply get very much attached to the brute force, not sexy or pretty but a simple and manly machine that bailed us out of tight spots more than once.
And I say to the Prius and other "hybrid" drivers, can you drive your car on renewable fuel? I can on biodiesel. They are driving on coal, that is what is used to make their batteries at the chemical plant.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Banned

I love my truck AND hate how Dodge wimped out on the front end fuel system and steering and dash crack. It takes at least $2000 in parts + install to make them right. There is no excuse for that. No wonder dodge is having problems.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:55 AM

I've had my diesel for 7 years now. The new hubby just bought one to match
Old 06-20-2009, 10:18 PM

You know im young and have a job that doesnt pay well i go to school to be a mechanic and love it....when i set eyes on my baby i fell in love really shes everything, theres only a few people ill let drive her and when ive got to fix her and cant drive her im driving the exploder and i miss it.... it runs in my blood when she breaks i complain about spending the money but theres nothing id rather be spending my money on
i feel the diesel love!