2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Cup Holder

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cup Holder

Alright, I know I have asked a lot of questions but I am just trying to tweak my new truck u know. So I was wondering how to take the cupholder in the front apart because I think there is something in there that keeps rolling around and its really annoying. I dont want to break it so i havent tried prying or anything on it. I figured I would come here and ask. I looked to see how to take it apart but am not sure so maybe you guys can help me.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:31 PM

Re:Cup Holder

You mean like takeing it out of the dash. Because thats just two screws and it slides out. I know you can seperate it from the holder after you get the biggest part of it out but I would not think that anything would be rooling around in there.<br>DM01
Old 05-16-2003, 02:49 PM

I've found on my '98 that I have to loosen the dash bezel (remember to remove the screw in the power plug area) and remove two or three screws under the lower portion of the bezel. Then there are 4 more inside the holder going toward the front of the truck. Slide the holder down and out it comes. As far as taking it apart after getting it out, I've not had to do that, yet. But last year, my holder was squeaking terribly - so much that I quit using it. I put some bearing grease on a short skinny stick and smeared it on the drink holder hinges then rubbed it in with my fingers - no more squeak.<br><br>beenthereanddonethat DW
Old 05-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Automatic tranny cupholders and manual tranny cupholders are two completely different animals.<br><br>I tried taking mine out (to make room for my CB) but it seemed a bit more complicated than I originally thought.<br><br>Two screws on the back, holding it to the dash, 2 screws down on the hump in front of the airbag controls, and it still wouldn't come out, there must be more screws hiding somewhere.<br><br><br>phox