2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Certifit front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Certifit front bumper

I picked up my Certifit front bumper this morning so I thought I would do a post on it. I bought a chrome bumper, upper and lower plastics and an air dam for a total price of around $182. I hope to try to mount it all up within the next couple of days - but my initial impression is that is looks decent enough but it does have a sort of "made in taiwan" feel to it but that may be just because I have been hearing comments like "sorta fit", etc. The guy at the counter said they sell a ton of these bumpers to local body shops and they don't ever get them back so I guess they must be somewhat decent? The body shop priced out a new bumper for me and the parts alone were more than $600 - with an aftermarket chrome bumper - so this is less than 1/3 of that cost so worth a try I think.

Anyway else have any experience with these front bumpers? Any pics of them on your truck?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:26 PM

that sounds like a good price hope it fits good. I bought a new grill for my truck off the internet and it sorta fit, guess i shouldnt have looked for the cheapest grill i could find all though it dosent look bad.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:12 AM

post up some pic's when it's mounted
Old 10-02-2007, 10:19 AM

Well I attempted to put the bumper on last night and I guess I have mixed feelings on it. The Chrome part seems to fit okay - but the lower plastic is just not quite right and I had to return the upper plastic because it was missing the out clips toward the back of the bumper. The guy had to dig through their stock to find one that had them and it was made by a different company from the original one. The upper part seems to fit perfectly. I am sure that some of my issues are due to the fact that I am not a body man and therefore don't really know what the heck I am doing but overall I think it worked out okay and much better than the bent up one that was on there. I will try to post some pics when I get a chance.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:51 PM

I thought I would update this after the bumper has been on for 9 months now. The lower plastic still fits like crap and the bumper is starting to develop surface rust already. IMHO it is a piece of crap and not worth buying unless you need something super cheap to sell your truck or something.