2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Bright light and seat belt light on

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bright light and seat belt light on

ok... so the seatbelt light is always on does not matter if the seatbelts is buckled or not. second issue is when the headlights are on the little blue light "bright light" is always on. any ideas where to start?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody??? anything???
Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi cmac,
I don't think I'll be of much help to you but I can offer a little input. My seat belt light does the same thing but intermittently. Eventually it works properly again but will stay on for periods of time once in a while. Follow this link for a little info: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Automotiv...-Dodge-Ram.htm

Now, the high beam indicator I have no experience with but let me ask, have you recently changed out your headlight bulbs? Sometimes people experience your problem after swapping bulbs. You can do A Google search and find info on that. One thing I do know is that the high beam indicator switch is located within the multi-function switch (at least it is on my '99). That is the turn signal switch coming out of the steering column which provides multiple functions. The multi-function switch can become sticky and create various problems in the electrical functions to which it is associated, or it can just go bad and need replacing altogether. Some of us have had good luck in spraying electrical contact cleaner into the switch via the red straw that comes with the can. Stick the straw into the column and spray around in there. I would not recommend WD or any other lubricant as it will attract gunk. However, I did use silicone spray once before I knew better and it has not been a problem but then, I used very very little.
Well, I hope you get lucky and resolve your annoying little problems or receive better info from someone else.