2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

breather bottle TSB

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
breather bottle TSB

ok ok, so i know im probably beating a dead horse here but i was lookin at the TSB's for my year truck on dodgeram.org and came across this one

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2002/09-002-02.htm

about the breather bottle.

i know that this is in regard to use in offroad conditions but is there anyway to have them perform this procedure even though i havent lost my oil going down a slope??

the real reason i ask this is because my bottle throws up all over the place. ive cleaned everything MANY times but it still somehows gets blown by the fan onto the entire front suspension and all the way back to the oil pan. i know how some of you have extended the hose but how much does that really help?

not only is it annoying to be told that i have a major oil leak by anyone who happens to look down there but there is also oil all over where i park my truck >

one thing that does concern me about that though........the procedure involves removing the injector pump?!! (and a whole lot of other things)

the whole breather thing has been annoying me for awhile now was just wondering if the TSB was a possibility

thanks
jeff
Old 12-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:breather bottle TSB

Just tell a little white lie and say you did lose a lot of oil out in the middle of nowhere, and were stranded for hours while your wife hiked to the nearest Pep Boys to find some oil.

If it helps, splash a little used oil around on the front of the engine.

phox
Old 12-23-2003, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"If it helps, splash a little used oil around on the front of the engine."

well that certainly wont be a problem since that entire area is covered in it :

it sounds as if they actually reroute some stuff and it will then dump out behind the starter???? i know a few of yall have had this done, does it make a considerable difference? given the procedure that the TSB calls for i dont think i want to let my local dodge dealer (i have very little faith in them) get there hands on anything like my injection pump unless its going to make a noticable difference

thanks again
jeff
Old 12-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already had them replace the VP44, wish I would have known of the TSB when I had that done, would have killed two birds with one stone.

Someday.

phox