2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Anyone ever get rain inside your pickup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I think I can... I think...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can almost gaurantee that your water problem was from the AC drain.
My truck would have a puddle in the passenger side front floorboard until I put a new hose on the firewall.
Now you need to take some towels and soak up as much water from the carpet as you can. Then let it air out.
I opened the passenger window all of the way and placed a large box fan (rested it on the outside of the door)in the window "PULLING" air out of the truck. I put a small fan on the center hump pointed down at the wet area. I opened the drivers window about 1/4 open and let it set in the hot sun all day.
That dried it out completely. You could let it go a couple of days (if it doesn't rain). My truck is dry with no sign of mold or mildew.
I wouldn't jack with the back window unless you keep getting water in the cab.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by capt.Ron
I can almost gaurantee that your water problem was from the AC drain.
My truck would have a puddle in the passenger side front floorboard until I put a new hose on the firewall.
Now you need to take some towels and soak up as much water from the carpet as you can. Then let it air out.
I opened the passenger window all of the way and placed a large box fan (rested it on the outside of the door)in the window "PULLING" air out of the truck. I put a small fan on the center hump pointed down at the wet area. I opened the drivers window about 1/4 open and let it set in the hot sun all day.
That dried it out completely. You could let it go a couple of days (if it doesn't rain). My truck is dry with no sign of mold or mildew.
I wouldn't jack with the back window unless you keep getting water in the cab.
Yeah, it was already dry before I fixed it today. I didn't drive much yesterday so I got most of it with a towel, then let it sit out in the hot sun with the windows down and that got it all dry. I noticed today since I fixed it that there seems to be a much bigger puddle of water on the ground after I drive it now so I'm thinkin that was the problem!
Old 06-04-2007, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by ratat98
Yeah, it was already dry before I fixed it today. I didn't drive much yesterday so I got most of it with a towel, then let it sit out in the hot sun with the windows down and that got it all dry. I noticed today since I fixed it that there seems to be a much bigger puddle of water on the ground after I drive it now so I'm thinkin that was the problem!
I hate to say it, but "I told Ya so". I knew that would be it.. It'll dry out in no time... Glad you found the prob.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you still get water in the cab, you can seal the rear window by running a small bead of clear silicon sealant around the outer edge of the window seal.That stopped my leak.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Chapter President

I'm not sure where my leak is. When it's not raining, everything is dry. At first, I thought it was the third brake light, but replacing the seal didn't help. I took the cowling below the wind shield off and there is no sign of moisture any where...still pretty dusty. Yesterday, I pulled the passenger side kick panel so I could pull the carpet back. The water is coming in UNDER the sound dampening material that comes about half way to the floor. The drain through the dash does not have a hose on it, so I'll remedy that today and see what happens. Any more ideas?
Old 07-21-2007, 08:53 AM

I think that will fix it..
Old 07-22-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
I second the A/C drain tubing. I swabbed mine and got a lot of gunk out of it. A gun cleaning kit works well.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Chapter President

OK. The hole is clear and has a 3/4", 90* hose on now. I just drove 190 miles with the AC on and nothing NEW in the floor. If it's the AC, it's fixed, and if it's not, I'll know the next time it rains or I go to the car wash. It's setting out in the sun right now with the carpet and pad propped up and a fan on it.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:37 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OH OH I just got my ac working again this summer and I have not noticed any water on the ground after running it all day long never thought much of it and I never check the passenger side at all also because its got a husky floor mat I think I am going to have to crawl under there to make sure my hose is there
Old 07-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Chapter President

You don't have to crawl under the truck. Just pick up the mat and feel the carpet.

Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
OH OH I just got my ac working again this summer and I have not noticed any water on the ground after running it all day long never thought much of it and I never check the passenger side at all also because its got a husky floor mat I think I am going to have to crawl under there to make sure my hose is there
Old 07-22-2007, 03:41 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

*UPDATE* whelp no hose to even speak of I can almost bet my carpet has been wet because you could see on the fire wall insulation were it has been wet So only hose I had was a garden hose that was ruined so i chunked it and found a hose clamp and put it on. Pretty easy fix for a really bad problem word of caution though if you have had your trucking idling for a hour while you were feeding and unhooking of said horse trailer WAIT before you go feeling around cause that little down pipe is flipping hot even though it only reads 300 on the pyro ROFL , So idling up my drive way back to the house from the shop I seen more water on the ground and control arms than I have ever seen even when I bought the truck and the a/c was working.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Chapter President

Good for you. I hope that was my problem, but with the amount of water, I'm not sure. I think I'm going to pour a little water around the WS and see if fresh water showes up.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:58 PM

I bought new carpeting and insulation for my truck,but before I install it, I have to find the water leak location..my 1994 standard cab DTC is leaking water when it rains..I have not been able to check some areas yet,but it may be the third brake lamp and/or the back window since it leaks when its parked after a heavy rain. however could someone post a photo of the A/C drain tubing. I assme its inside the cab itself and not outside right? and thanks in advance !!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:00 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

RD its on the engine bay side if your standing on the passenger side of your truck were the ac lines and the little black canister is right on the back of the fire wall there is a little nipple that sticks out of the fire wall it should have a hose on it so the water goes away from the fire wall and the inside of your truck. I will try to get a photo later this after noon.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Chapter President

So much for pouring water on it. After the first pitcher, it started raining like crazy!

Quick Reply: Anyone ever get rain inside your pickup?