2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

AGR Install Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AGR Install Problems

Hi, just installed a new AGR Steering box on my truck in the never ending struggle to weed the gremlins out of the dodge front end. Did everything per instructions, removed old box, all lines, blew out the lines going up to the booster and drained the pump completely, then flushed with semisynthetic fluid, prior to buttoning everything up and then filling up with Redline full synthetic fluid per AGR's reccomendations. Bled the system without turning on the engine per instructions. Turned wheel back and forth at least 60 times, and thought I had it bled. No visible leaks to be found. Started the truck up let it run for 2 minutes, checked levels, everything looked fine. Test drove it, and it turns to the left very smoothly and with similar effort to the stock box, going to the right on the other hand is difficult- not impossible, but just tougher than the other way. I am stumped. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thanks-
Old 05-08-2005, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would double check the steering wheel center position first. left steering stop to right stop and half way back is center for the gears. Check the backlash in the gear, should be close to tight. If it is off, don't adjust it call AGR to check for warrantee proceedures. Also double check the front end joints and tire inflation. If all is well, your problem is internal in the steering gear. Call for warrantee instructions.