24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Wtb ecm

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wtb ecm

So I've been searching threads till my eyes are crossed. I'm getting p0606, among other random codes, and have checked grounds and connectors. It did start acting up in the rain but I'm guessing it's time for an ECU. The only tips I've found for buying is Ebay. Can anyone recommend a vendor?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:45 PM

I've had to replace a few ECM/ECU's. If you are going with a used unit try LKQ. They are nationwide and will probably have your appilcation. Also, I've had to return parts to them and have never had a problem with returns or exchanges.
Recently I bought an ECM for an '04 Cummins from a company on eBay called Simply Green Auto in Alberta, Canada. They sent me the wrong computer (as in not what they were selling in their eBay auction). When I tried sending back for the correct one or refund I was just strung along long enough for the time limit to run up on filing a complaint with eBay. As soon as it did they stopped all contact.
I also purchased an ECM from a website that only sells ECMs (one of the first listing if you google ecms) and it went well.
I ended up buying a new ECM for my '04 from Dodge and it cost me $1500 with my discount. I had originally only paid $350 for the incorrect used one I bought from eBay. So if you can find a used one with a warranty or at least some kind of return policy you save a lot.
And finally; I often use a website called car-part.com for used parts. It's like a nationwide parts-yard database. You can search by application, area, price, etc.
Good luck.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:21 PM

I have used car-part.com but the problem with used ecu is it needs to be flashed for particular vehicle you have. I ordered a reman with a warranty w/ shipping it's $400. Seems like there's a bunch a places in FLA selling them. I'll report back when I get it.
Thanks
Old 03-05-2011, 07:26 PM

Sledgeski, Where abouts did you find this? I might be looking sooner than later.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:20 PM

I ordered one from AES but beware, they stink! I ordered from them because they said they had it in stock and would ship quickly. Now I find out more then a week later they still don't even have it! ARGH! I just spoke with this guy:
http://www.autocomputersystems.com/
and he sounds way more competent. Now I'm not sure what I even need. He says there is a PCM and an ECM and he does not do the ECMs any more because he has had too many problems with them.