24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

What are DTT mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are DTT mods?

Gentlemen,<br> What are DTT modifications on the transmission and how much does it cost. Also who is a good candidate to make these mods. I thought you got the DT's when you were drying out. Later.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:What are DTT mods?

If you're looking for info on DTT, I would go to the company themselves for an inquiry. You can find their site at http://www.dieseltrans.com. They also have a forum there where you can ask questions about their products. <br><br>Jack
Old 01-15-2003, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:What are DTT mods?

DTT = Diesel Transmission Technology<br><br>Its a transmission shop. When you see people reference Bill K or Bill Kondolay that is who they are talking about. They do complete transmissions, or valve bodies and torque convertors, and lots of other parts. As far as cost it depends on which route you go, I have a billet input shaft and front hub, so that increased my costs. Best bet is to call them directly and discuss how you use the truck and what you want to do with it, because its not a one size fits all type of thing, the convertor in my truck wouldn't go in a truck used to tow regulary.<br><br><br>As far as a candidate for the products, it would be in your best interest to call them and see if they have any shops near you that have experience with their product. If there isn't anyone close, they will help you find someone.