24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

What to do about these codes???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do about these codes???

I installed a BHAF, adjusted APPS, reset APPS, cleaned MAP, and cleaned IAT. Now I'm getting CEL and these codes:

0522 (existing - see below)

Here's the order of the work I performed:

1) Checked codes before I started working on the truck. 0522 was the only code and no CEL.
2) Removed factory air box and silencer ring.
3) Adjusted APPS using procedures on this site.
4) Checked MAP sensor harness voltage and continuity using instructions from Haynes manual - 5v and good continuity.
5) Checked IAT sensor harness voltage using instructions from Haynes manual - 16v. Should be 12v.
6) Checked oil pressure sensor harness voltage and continuity using instructions from Haynes manual - 5v and good continuity.
7) Disconnected ground from both batteries and turned the key to the on position to drain caps.
8) Removed silencer ring.
9) Installed BHAF.
10) Removed IAT and MAP sensors and cleaned both. They were a little dirty, but not that bad.
11) Re-installed IAT and MAP sensors.
12) Turned key to off position.
13) Re-connected ground to both batteries.
14) Reset APPS using procedures on this site.
15) Cranked truck and noticed CEL.
16) Went for a spin. The truck is running better than before I did all the work.
17) Checked codes using the key trick and got codes listed above.

Anybody got any ideas on what I should do to address the codes?

What should I do about the 113 code - IAT sensor voltage too high? I don't understand why I did not get the code before I started the work because when I checked voltage, it was 16v and should be 12v. What I mean, is I should have seen this code before I checked the harness.

Why am I getting the 237 code - MAP sensor voltage too low? The MAP voltage is dead on at 5v and I do have continuity.

Why am I getting the 522 code - Oil pressure sensor voltage too low? The voltage is dead on and I do have continuity to ground. I did read in the Haynes manual that if the voltage and continuity on this sensor is correct, that the MAP needs to be replaced.

My next step is to have AutoZone clear the codes and see if they come back. After that, I'm going to replace all 3 sensors if I still see the codes.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update...

I had AutoZone clear all the codes 2 days ago. Codes have not returned yet.