24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

stock injector replacement question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock injector replacement question

I replaced my OEM's with stockers at advice of local injection shop tech after bench test ( whole other story). What I'm not sure of is the old ones were 0432193629 and the ones they ordered were .....630. They asked what trans I had before placing order, and I told them 5sp manual.

Search across the net shows the 630's are for auto and the 629's for manual. But there are a few places that have the applications backwards, so not sure if his vendor's catalog was correct or in error.

So if they are the wrong ones, what is the difference between the auto trans and manual trans ones? I've seem some numbers on flow specs for Bosch sticks, but they were for cars, and these ones weren't listed. The increase in part numbers from one to the next were 50/50 for increase as well as decrease in flow, so I'm only guessing on these.

Does anybody know if the 630's flow more or less than the 629's? The truck starts and runs good, but now there is this new slight dip in the idle when you blip the peddle. Like it's catching its breath after swallowing too much, but dunno. Idle fuel pressure solid 18. It wasn't there before replacing new injectors, VP, and LP. And since I'm not running tuning at present, I can't really tell if the new fuel system is below par from the wrong injectors or if that's how a virgin system is until it wears in. Wanted to ask here before loosing it over the phone. Anybody?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:31 AM

I seriouslly doubt any significant difference exists in either application. Suspect one number is for the HO engine package and the other for the rest.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think the 629 is for the HO. I had them stock in my 1998.5.
Regardless, you should send them in to Don to get real tips put in, anyway. Like 1.6 or 4. End of all doubts
Old 10-04-2008, 01:56 AM

Gave my guy a call and he said he must have not heard me right ( mine does use the 629's). Said I shouldn't have any problem with the 630's, but if I wanted he would get me the correct ones. He called his Bosch supplier and was told the only difference between the two was for emisions compliance and on under warranty vehicles.

But since there are two different stock injectors offered, and one is emision friendly, which one is which and how did it effect emisions? One has to deliver x-amount more fuel than the other, as small a number as it may be, but still a different rate.

Not sure if it's all in my head, or that since I sent my Edge back to Utah to be checked and have been running without it on all these new parts, the truck seems to be a little slower. I know the tuning box makes a big difference ( duh ), but before I had it, getting up to highway speed didn't seem to take as long as it does now.

Anybody got an idea between the two?
Old 10-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Chapter President

My guess is if the are emission friendly, they dump less fuel. That would explain the slower acceleration rate.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 PM

That would explain it. I did ask him which ones were the compliant ones, but I didn't get an answer on my phone call. Only that I shouldn't have any problems. Guess that would also account for the small dip when aquiring idle.