24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

"Solid Steel" steering brace????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Solid Steel" steering brace????

I am looking to install the "Solid Steel" steering box brace to try and correct the problem of my truck wondering around the road and poor steering response. I am looking to hear the opinions of other people who have installed it are. Will it also help take care of a shake that I have at above 60 mph? All my tie rod ends and drag link are tight and do not need replacement.

Thank you
Old 09-08-2003, 08:10 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Re:"Solid Steel" steering brace????

I installed mine a few weeks ago. It definitely made my steering more responsive. It solved my minor bumpsteer problem as well. My truck does not wander as much as it did before either but it wasn't all that bad to begin with. My front end parts were also in good shape ( at least according to the alignment tech a few months ago). Is it a huge improvement, no. Was it a noticeable improvement, most definitely. I think well worth the money. I think how much it helps depends a lot on exactly what is the root of your problems to begin with. Between the good alignment (per the specs on dodgeram.org) and the steering brace my truck drives so much better than before. The alignment helped a lot and the brace seems to have corrected for the most part what issues I had left. I would definitely buy one again. Can't speak to the shake over 60 except that it may very well be a tire balance, out of round rim or tire issue and then again may not.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:30 AM

I have sold and installed several. They have helped all the trucks I have tried them on. They take away a lot of wander, and remove the feedback from rough roads. My wife would not drive my 02 until I put the brace on. The wander was so bad on the interstate it was unsafe to drive. Now I do not have any problems. If you are in the lower 48 they are $170 delivered.
www.westtexasturbodiesel.com
Old 09-08-2003, 10:43 AM

WTTD, Sign me up! I need it before I knock by dually fenders into someone
Old 09-08-2003, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTTD I did not see it on the web site.