24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

replace throwout bearing/clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swordfish
Do you have the FSM? If not, it can be obtained for free from PDFtown.com. Check it out and it should point you in the right direction.

swordfish
I spent 30 minutes on that site and never found any free manuals. Do you have a link directly to the manual site for the Ram manuals? You could spend a whole day there looking and still not find anything but spam, virus's and malware. Are there any good, safe sites to download a manual from?

Rick
Old 12-31-2010, 02:15 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by rickf
I spent 30 minutes on that site and never found any free manuals. Do you have a link directly to the manual site for the Ram manuals? You could spend a whole day there looking and still not find anything but spam, virus's and malware. Are there any good, safe sites to download a manual from?

Rick
i found this after about 30 seconds, but did not go any farther
http://rapidshare.com/#!download|158...eRam.zip|62876
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by rickf

Rick
Rickf
Click on this link and it will take you to rapidshare. On the right side it should offer you the option to do a slow download. If you go through there it will let you download. You will need to wait 50 seconds, but once you do, the download button will appear.

2001 Manual

swordfish
Old 01-15-2011, 07:08 PM

Finally got it all back together. Like I said before this was no easy task. But given the choice I'd do it all over again.

A couple of things I learned is you don't need to pull the starter to do this.. and when you go to lower the transmission... position your jack towards the rear of the tranny. I had the jack right in the middle and once I started to lower it the back half dropped down and shot the jack forward!

I could not be any happier with the southbend clutch. My stock pedal gave me a workout when shifting gears, and the old fluid was way overdue to be changed.

Thanks again for all of your advice and help along the way!

Johnny