24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Question about engine....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate to be negative, but.........

I'm afraid a lawyer may be your only alternative, and that may be a dead end road.

Down here, most used vehicles have a window sticker that states something like "As Is", and that the remaining new vehicle warenty is all thats covered.
I believe, here, you sign a paper agreeing to that.

It gripes me that they treat people the way they are treating you, but I guess they have to do something to protect themselves.

Maybe someone here knows how to disprove that the code was set by a box.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will keep it posted how it goes this week, what really sucks I have to pull several trailers over the next few weeks!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Did you ever hear what the "evidence" is that caused the DC dealer to revoak the warranty work in the first place? I doubt the dealer can refuse warranty work because of a 0193 DTC.....that DTC really doesn't tell you anything about how that code got triggered in the first place.....there must be another reason.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:41 PM

I would think that even though the truck was bought as is with available factory warranty left you should have a case. If the injection pump wiring had been been tapped for a box, and the selling dealer represented it as having factory warranty left, he should have checked for anything that voided the factory warranty, ie tapped wire or anything similar. All dealers are aware of aftermarket parts which void warranties, so the Ford dealer should be held somewhat responsible, IMHO.....

Good luck with this ball of snakes!!

Gary
Old 07-18-2005, 01:05 PM

Never did get out of the dodge dealer exactly it was except that "it had a aftermarket fuel/computer add on which voids the warranty" The Ford dealer called this morning and stated they will let me know later today what they will do. I have an appointment with a lawyer in the morning! He felt that I have a case but needed to talk in person to get all details, he has recently sued several manufacters and dealers and has won so I feel a little better about that.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:44 PM

Well some good news, the Ford dealer called and said to bring in to them and they will fix it and get me a rental car! But the Dodge dealer blew the whistle and black listed the VIN Well at least its a step in the right direction.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:01 AM

Well, I figured out the so called used car business manager is a total dipsh##! He calls me last night and says "I'm driving your truck right now and I don't notice any problems? " I informed of what it has been doing and I told him to quit messing around and talk to one of his diesel mechanics. He then wanted to know how much the dodge dealer wanted to fix it. I informed him that I have to pull trailers next week to make money and if the truck isn't fixed I will be coming to him to get a loaner with a hitch! I may keep my appointment with the lawyer this morning!

Now I remember why the last two trucks I bought were new! I wish I could of afforded to buy my Dodge new.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:11 PM

Ford dealer was driving my truck today down a busy street and a buddy of mine saw the truck stall and die in traffic! I guess the VP-44 finally died! He saw it later on go by his work on a wrecker. Maybe they will believe me now.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:06 AM

Figures. Good luck with this.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:58 AM
Chapter President

Originally posted by MOAGGIE
Ford dealer was driving my truck today down a busy street and a buddy of mine saw the truck stall and die in traffic! I guess the VP-44 finally died! He saw it later on go by his work on a wrecker. Maybe they will believe me now.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:58 PM

if you are at 70k, the only thing you really lose is the engine warranty, everything else is aready gone.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:41 PM

I am only concerned about the engine warranty, I have already fixed all the other stuff. I just want the VP-44 replaced. Called to see if my truck was done yet, they don't know and the used car business manager is out of the office today! I have talked with the lawyer and he is giving them until Friday @12:00, then he will go to work. So far he believes that I have a strong case and he won't charge anything unless he wins! I hope it doesn't go that far.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:28 AM

FINALLY, SOME GOOD NEWS FOR ME! Ford dealer called and said truck should be done this afternoon from the Dodge dealer, also replaced the lift pump and I will have a 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty on the VP-44! $2600.00 bill at Dodge and the Ford dealer just keeps saying "we want to keep your business and not have any bad pubilcity" I hope this merry go round stops soon!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Chapter President

That is great.....hopefully this is the end of it......does this mean your VIN is still blacklisted by DC?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:41 AM

That we don't know yet! I figure if the new VP-44 is covered for 36,000 miles that should be good enough. I just want to get my truck back and get on with it.

Quick Reply: Question about engine....