24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Question about engine....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Good stuff!! I'm glad to hear that the VP is getting changed out ounder warranty....finally, someone at the dealer who understands what the 0216 DTC means.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope you detail this in writing to Dodge Inc. Tell them they might want
to start looking for another dealer in your area, cause this one's losing sales
fast.

Old 07-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good!

Too bad a person has to be so presistant to get the right thing done.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Chapter President

Oh.....don't forget to go by and show your local dealer you new injection pump.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:21 PM

I don't intend to darken their doors again if at all possible! They already called to have me answer a survey, the woman kept asking wasn't everything satisfactory? I keep telling her no, she just couldn't understand and then told me I would be getting a survey in the mail and to please take the time to fill it out and return it! Thanks for all the help and encouragement guys. I wish I had found this site before I bought my truck. I would have been a better informed shopper. I have told at least 5 of my buddies about this site(with Dodge/Cummins trucks) and they were excited to checkout the site soon.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Chapter President

Survey?

I filled out numerous surveys complaining about service and lack of service on both the dealers where I bought my Dodge and my Polaris. Never heard a word on any of them. I finally found dealers that are pretty competent and have pretty good attitudes. I have to drive 60 miles one way, but they are in the town where my Mom lives and I go there frequently anyway.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:46 PM

WELL HECK!! My truck went in today and they started working on it and then called to say we have a problem, there has been some type of computer chip/after market add on to the fuel injector pump, the warranty is now VOID! Said they could report to Dodge and black list it. Don't know if they did yet.

Called selling dealer and all they can say is "we will work something out"

So I paid 90.00 to put everything back together for now and now it sits waiting for the dealer to make up there mind.

All this just makes me wish I still had my old Chevy back!
Old 07-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Chapter President

BUMMER!

I wonder what kind of chip/aftermarket thingy it had on it. I would at least ask what they found.

"All this just makes me wish I still had my old Chevy back!" Oooo, don't say that .
Old 07-13-2005, 11:46 PM

They said something about "blue box? " not sure on the rest of it. Said it was some kind of fuel injector pump computer. Man, I spread myself $ pretty thin to get this deal done and I had been looking for so long and finally get a diesel to pull with, it just su**s, so that is why I mentioned my old gas burner Chevy. Right now my only hope is that Dodge hasn't black listed it and the selling dealer pays for a new pump, then no evidence of tampering. I pray and hope, but the way my luck is going right now??
Old 07-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Was evidence of a wire tap given? What was the "proof" a box was on the truck. Were they referring to a "Blue Chip Diesel" box? I have no idea how they could possibly know what specific box was on the truck......the only proof I'm aware of is if one the pump solenoid wires was tapped. If I were you, I would like to here their explanation of what their proof is.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:15 AM

I'm making the dreaded 40 mile trip this morning to pay my bill and get my truck, so I will find out extactly what they are talking about.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:23 PM

PO Turbo Boost Limit exceed, P0193 DTC in PCM.
This is why the dealer is claiming the truck had been modified... My guess is that the previous owner had run a fueling box without a boost fooler...? If I remember correctly, the codes are stored in the PCM (or ECM) even after they "erased" and the MIL is out.

Russ
Old 07-16-2005, 12:58 PM

Ok it looks like the selling dealer is trying to back out of doing anything, they even called the dealer that bought my old Chevy and told them they wanted the truck back! Well, I confronted them about that issue and they denied it. I told them if they would replace the fuel injection pump I would be be happy and done with them. Where would be the cheapest place to buy a new pump? I am a able mechinic(tractors, mowers, etc..) just never had to work on a diesel truck, I am trying to figure out if this is somehting I can do or is it a must take to a mechinc only deal? Thanks.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:51 PM

I have heard people get VP-44's for around $1,000.00 from here.

http://cumminsstuff.com/index.htm
Old 07-17-2005, 08:31 PM

I really need some advice as what to do with the selling dealer? I bought the truck at wholesale price from them which meant it came without a warranty, but they said it still had the Dodge warranty so therefore that was the selling point. I can't get a straight answer from them, they just keep stalling. I told them Friday afternoon if they would just take care of the VP-44 I would be happy and I would never darken their doors again. Should I contact a lawyer? ( I know one that I can afford), or what? I can't afford to pay for the VP-44 since I just paid sales tax, new tires, fixed other minor problems on truck. Please I really need some advice on this issue. thanks

Quick Reply: Question about engine....