24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Pump is toast

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pump is toast

well dads pump is toast. With no mods and only 27,000 miles it is crap. Warranty I know, but the dealer is asking lots of questions. They think it had a box, and they are very rude. My dad wont even try an aftermarket air filter for goodness sakes! Why are they being dorks?
Old 08-19-2004, 09:27 AM

If they give him too much runaround and won't warranty it, take the truck (and the rest of your business) to another dealership. Especially when they know they have a problem with this part. I've had to travel 1 1/2 hours to another dealership before when the one 5 miles down the road gave me too much static.

Good luck with the repairs!!
Old 08-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jared.
I don't know if it's the fact that more and more folks with diesels are using aftermarket enhancements and they just ASSUME that everyone does or what. The big thing that bothers me is that you would think they would at least give him the courtesy of accepting his word because there are so many ways to tell if these trucks get messed with. All the diesels now are electronic and I'm sure that the techs can hook up your Dmax the same way that the Ford tech and Dodge tech can in order to view everything that motor has done. I think the big problem is quite a few dealerships (all brands) don't have the equipment or trained persons to do the job correctly. At least that's the only reason I can think of. I ended up having to go to a different dealer to get a lift pump replaced under warranty. The dealer where I purchased the truck gave me the run around for 3 months, only to have them tell me it wasn't covered. I drove down the road to Starr Motors in Suffolk and the Service writer took 5 minutes to tell me it was covered and did the work with a smile. They had never seen me before, but I guarantee that they will see me when I need any parts or a new truck.

I hope he can get it straight.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:24 AM

I had a 98' GMC 6.5 and it was leaking fuel around the fuel filter somewhere and I took it to the dealer here and the guy says "we ain't got what you would call a diesel mechanic" I said okie dokie and drove and hour down the road where they did have a diesel mechanic. At least the guy was honest.

Barry