24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Pic of fuel sending unit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pic of fuel sending unit?

I have a in-tank replacement fuel pump in my truck and need a fuel sending unit. I am usually good about keeping old parts, not this one i guess. Have seen quite a few online and they have some differences too them. Wondering if anyone has a picture of the factory one and if any of the aftermarket ones have anything else to offer?

Since I'm on the subject, has anyone put in a boss mechanical lift pump with a steering stabilizer brace in?

I am thinking it will get in the way, probably go with a raptor lift pump
Old 02-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the in tank mod done years ago at dealer under warranty. It lasted about 30k and took a dump. I told them I wanted my old unit back in case I wanted to use an airdog/fuel boss or something, they kindly broke my unit for me and put it's useless carcas in a box.

I have a factory steering stabalizer on the front of my truck and I also have the glacier fuel boss mechanical pump. No interference issues, hugs real tight to the front of the oil pan, real nice setup as well and don't have to worry about electrical pumps going out. It's a tiny pump and nowhere near the front end components that will hit it. Glory of the glacier is I kept my weak factory turd in the tank so if something happens I'll have a back up and your factory in tank stays connected if you like. Has a pressure switch that will kill power to the factory pump when the mechanical pump gets over 5psi.