24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

P0122 - Not your normal APPS issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P0122 - Not your normal APPS issue

Hi Guys, Hope somene can give me some advice. I has having a dead throttle and P0122 errors and dutifully, I replaced the APSS, not a cheap part! Anyway, it has been working fine for about 2 weeks, now I am starting the get the P0122 error again. Sometime it will go away by itself for a few days, sometimes I have to reset it and it goes away for awhile, but alwasy comes back. I have not had a dead stick yet and would hope the new TPS would last a little more than a couple weeks.

I did do the calibration routine when I first installed the TPS.

So, any ideas?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me and Hohn had this same problem, turned out to be the ECM
Old 07-12-2007, 05:34 PM

Dang, did not want to hear that! How much did the ECM run you?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:07 PM

I have the same problem with dead pedal---Im hoping its not the IP---but thinking its maybe the cam sensor gone bad---I replaced the apps and your right its expensive---and it lasted about 1 hr before dead pedal came back---I watched the vp44 video and in it he mentioned about the cam sensor causing dead pedal--what do you think??
thanks--stix
Old 07-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Registered

I got a used one for 200 bucks, Hohn got his changed with warrenty. A new one is high dollar, around ~1k. I had a friend that has a snap on tool scanner that would test the output from the apps. Then when we knew it was working right, so it had to be either the wires going from the apps to the ecm, or the ecm. After some wire testing I went to looking for a ecm.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stix
I have the same problem with dead pedal---Im hoping its not the IP---but thinking its maybe the cam sensor gone bad---I replaced the apps and your right its expensive---and it lasted about 1 hr before dead pedal came back---I watched the vp44 video and in it he mentioned about the cam sensor causing dead pedal--what do you think??
thanks--stix
What codes are you getting? That would tell you if it's the CPS, or the APPS, or the IP/LP
Old 07-12-2007, 07:05 PM

The other day I replaced the apps for 285.00 from the dealer. But answer this please---those of you that have a 99 manual shift. I removed a comp box and a timming box because thinking that was the problem--the person befor me did a terrible job of wiring--but anyway one of the plugs was plugged into the data port (grey plug) below the injection pump. so know with everything off there are two plugs left over(stock). one is the Data plug with nothing going to it and one is a plug thats in the same harness thats black. So now there is a black plug with two wires and a grey plug with three which I believe it suppose to be left unplugged. so then I noticed a broken wire comming from my cam sensor I believe, I wonder is something supposed to be plugged into the black plug???? can somebody look at there's and tell me what its plugged into???thanks
stix
Old 07-15-2007, 02:19 AM

Thanks B-D I'll check around to see if I can find someone with a scanner to read the APPS. At $1K I may just live with reseting the light myself until I get real problems. I wonder if heat can cause flaky readings. I live in Bullhead AZ and it has been over 115 for a few weeks. I had someone tell me that around here, the ECM gets pretty toasty. Wrong area to ask maybe, but do you or anyone know what the max temp of the ECM should be? I think my attitude can read that...