24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Oil pressure sender or sensor.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
J BODY: Nope, the truck was brand spankin' new. I didn't realize there was no lugnut adapter until sometime after I got the truck because there was no need to change a wheel. After I got the adapter I found out the lug wrench was one for a 1/2 ton. The issue with the wrong dipstick was something I think the dealer should have been wise to. I asked them twice why the book said my truck was suppose to take 11 quarts and they always put 12 in. They said the extra qt. was for the filter and after I told them the book said 11 with the filter they just shrugged. This isn't a hate my truck theme but when you pay the prices they want for vehicles you expect the parts to be of better quality. I have had some foreign made cars in the past and I never had the multitude of parts go bad that have gone bad with my American made cars.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one has posted Part#or where to buy 12 Value sender?

Who has the part number and where to buy online a oil sender for a 12valve 3500?
Old 01-24-2006, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Royal
J BODY: Nope, the truck was brand spankin' new. I didn't realize there was no lugnut adapter until sometime after I got the truck because there was no need to change a wheel. After I got the adapter I found out the lug wrench was one for a 1/2 ton. The issue with the wrong dipstick was something I think the dealer should have been wise to. I asked them twice why the book said my truck was suppose to take 11 quarts and they always put 12 in. They said the extra qt. was for the filter and after I told them the book said 11 with the filter they just shrugged. This isn't a hate my truck theme but when you pay the prices they want for vehicles you expect the parts to be of better quality. I have had some foreign made cars in the past and I never had the multitude of parts go bad that have gone bad with my American made cars.
All of the problems you've noted are known by Chrysler and all but one have TSBs on them. I have and early 99 cummins and have experienced everyone of those problems. It started with the faulty fuel pumps...(changed under warranty), warbed transmission housing ( replaced under warranty) Unusual front end brake wear (replaced twice under warranty) and I now averaging 3000 miles before they're in need of change again which of course I now pay for!!. I've been told by someone in the know that replacing the proportioning valve with a kit will do the trick (aftermarket of course..haven't found the source yet). The dealer is saying nothing so obiously Dodge is covering themselves on this one as it would be very expensive on a recall basis. Of course the manufacturer created problem is most definitely a safety issue but nobody is crying the blues that I know of) Now you can expect the oil sending unit part # 408839onx (Cummins) $165.00 or pay $300 at the dealer for part #5012991ac. Cummins manufactures this for them at about $70.00 and they just crank it up for our purchasing pleasure. Unexplained electrical issues which blow fuses is something else they don't want to own up to. So there you go. I would love to take the cummins engine out of the Dodge truck and put it into a chevy after throwing out the duramax..oh well we'll just have to wait for the Mercedez diesel engine. Hope this helps. For the person who is looking for the 12valve oil sensing unit ..your in luck they are about a quarter of the price at your dealer..hmmmmmmmmm.