24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

oil in coolant but no coolant in oil?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shes ruining fine now no oily stuff after sitting allnite&100 +miles put on her before she was parked.Now if I could just find me a cheap bed&bumper Id be good.Had a guy was gonna sell me some but he wanted to trade bodywork for the panels & he was gonna lift my truck & fix a few things but told him Id rathet pay 4 parts now&do the body work when I get caught up on my customers jObs he all of a sudden quit taking my calls. should have never mentioned the bodywork To him.Im Branton anyway I'm going to buy a brand new radiator. thanks for the help everybody
Old 05-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I don't think you have a head gasket problem based on three things. Your pressure test held, you only had a sheen of oil in your old coolant, and there's no coolant in the oil.

Last time I changed my coolant I also had a light oil sheen, and mine was nowhere near as bad as yours looked. My engine runs great too. Only takes one drop to create a sheen.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cutthroatxxx
Shes ruining fine now no oily stuff after sitting allnite&100 +miles put on her before she was parked.Now if I could just find me a cheap bed&bumper Id be good.Had a guy was gonna sell me some but he wanted to trade bodywork for the panels & he was gonna lift my truck & fix a few things but told him Id rathet pay 4 parts now&do the body work when I get caught up on my customers jObs he all of a sudden quit taking my calls. should have never mentioned the bodywork To him.Im Branton anyway I'm going to buy a brand new radiator. thanks for the help everybody

When I was in the Marines and stationed for a few years at Fort Leonardwood I went to a couple junkyard type places. one in branson and the others were outside of or near Springfield. You should be able to piece together stuff easy in Missouri. I honestly think that is the only thing I liked about Missouri the amount of older dodge trucks everywhere.