24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

NV4500..Chevy oil same as Dodge oil?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's better than a Getrag isn't it???

I think it's a combination of quite a few different things. How many HP you running, how you drive, do you tow, how you service and otherwise take care of something, it's all a factor in how long something lasts.
I think the only point I was trying to make here was that this NV-4500 isn't like my first gen Getrag or even some of the other NV's that use the 5W-30 lubricants and as long as RECOMMENDED SPECS ARE MET, BRAND OF LUBRICANT IS ARGUABLY UNIMPORTANT.
I just went to that Jiffy Lube because they were close, convenient, the price was right and they can suck all the old oil out better than I can. And while I do want the correct lubricant in my rig and will check to make sure that's what I'm getting, I have to trust these "experts" looked in the book and are installing the correct SPEC'd lubricant both because it's the right thing to do and their liability for not doing so and installing the wrong oil could mean at worst the end of their business, and at best, a new tranny for me (maybe but who wants to go through that hassle?). If it's a well known brand like Penzoil, so much the better. But I just wanted the tranny serviced correctly and the Penzoil product is what they happen to use there. And after checking that fact out, THAT'LL WORK FINE!!