24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

New to the rattlin rigs. Couple Questions to start.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the rattlin rigs. Couple Questions to start.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I finally got real truck. Guys I work with have them, and I could stand it no longer. <br> Ok first question what you think of the 15w40 Rotella engine oil? It's what I run in my skid loader and was thinking of putting it in the Cummins. <br> Second question, Diablo power puck. Friend has a deal to buy five of them for 380.00$ each. What do you all think of them, are they any good? Pro's and Con's ? <br> My auto trany is stock as far as I know.<br> Thanks for any help.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:44 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re:New to the rattlin rigs. Couple Questions to start.

Welcome to the site acoustic_axe,
I've run the Rotella in mine since I have had the truck and will probably continue to do so. It does have a slight smell to it right after an oil change, but that goes away after a couple of hundred miles.
I don't know any of the facts on the power puck, but I have read of a few that use it. You might try sending a PM to a member called MUDDYMESS because I think he has had one before.
Tell him RATTLINRAM sent ya. ;D
Old 02-01-2003, 05:32 AM

I would go for the Edge EZ over the Diablo power puck, in my opinion.<br><br>--Justin
Old 02-01-2003, 05:19 PM

Acoustic, IMHO Rotella is the best oil out there. RATTLINRAM stated in his post that you get a smell when you change your oil. I was getting the same smell when I did mine but found out that if you fill your new oil filter all the way up and then continue to shake the oil down in the filter until you cannot put anymore in then screw it on and fill up the crankcase you will not get the smell. It worked for me the last four times that I filled mine so maybe it will work for you and whoever reads this post!!<br><br> Doug
Old 02-01-2003, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the puck in my 01 and was very happy with it. that year model was supposed to be the best dont know about the other years. If you haul heavy equipment you might want to get a tst it has a better towing range then the edge.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran Rotella in all three of mine till I went synthetic. Talking to several people out there, it is about the best. Course you know this will start a war.<br>Don't know about the puck, I run and EZ.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:22 AM

I had a diablo power puck in my 99 my gramps has one in his 99 and my dad had one in his 2000. The pucks always functioned flawlessly no probs at all my dad and I have since sold our trucks but my gramps is still running strong with the puck and he has never had tranny probs or anything with it. He has about 120 K on it now with no probs. The puck makes a noticeable difference in the vehicle and you can definately tell when you have removed it. I was happy with mine makes a huge difference when passing.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:00 AM

Thanks for all the info guys, this site seems like a helpfull place, that people actually visit on a regular basis. <br> Later.