24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Need good diesel mechanic in San Jose, CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need good diesel mechanic in San Jose, CA

I'm new to this forum. I own a 2001 Dodge 2500 diesel for pulling a 5th wheel trailer. I just bought the truck a few months ago. I just posted a problem with my Cummins diesel fuel(lift) pump and I got some very good information from you people on this forum. Thanks!!!! However, I'm not a mechanic and I don't feel comfortable doing the repairs myself.

Can anyone recommend a good diesel mechanic/repairshop in the San Jose, California area? My mechanic, who does a great job on my gas fueled cars, doesn't do diesel work. I live in Santa Cruz, CA but I'm willing to go as far north as Redwood City or as far south as Salinas to find a good mechanic.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

- Simon
Old 06-24-2006, 12:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would look in to a FASS fuel pump and not the cummins eather .I installed my 2nd one last november and today as I was driving down the freeway I look down to see my fuel pressure jumping from 5psi to 10psi back down to 5 and it stayed there till I got home 65 miles later. I will now install a FASS pump.
I you were closer I would install it for you ,the pumps are real easy to do. 30 min. to install. If you cant find a mechanic you could drive up here with the parts and I will help you out.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:23 PM
jht

simonrv-- I found a guy in san jose who wasnt too bad ..hes across from san jose diesel,i think it was reeds trucks or something...Ill look at my reciept for my VP-44 he did and get back to you ...But IMO rebals right , when i lost my Inj. pump first thing i did was order the fass setup...Did it in my driveway, it was easy and will be trouble free for a long time...Thats the way to go....I live in boulder creek and id be glad to meet up with you and show it to you..come on man dont be scared its easy!!!! Ill get back to you on the name..
Old 07-13-2006, 12:15 AM

Not to far from San Jose is the Cummins West shop in San Leandro , they do work on the 02 and older Dodge.