24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

need code help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need code help

The truck will not start. Got fuel to the lp. Cracked injector tubes got fuel there. Should it spray or trickle out?

I looked all these up, but don't understand what the mean.
Any help would be appreciated
Old 09-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P0622 Alternator Field Improper Switching
P0743 TCC Solenoid/Trans Relay Circuits (maybe related to a DTT part?)
P1596 Speed Control Switch Always High
Couldn't find the 1795 anywhere.

And the ever popular:
P1693 DTC Detected In ECM Or PCM
The code telling you that there is a code.

Fuel should spray out of the injector lines, as it is very high pressure,

Since none of those codes really have anything to do with each other, I'm thinking the crank/cam position sensor might be going bad?

Did you have any problems back when it was running?
Tachometer fluctuating, speedometer messing up?

If it is bad, the computer thinks the engine isn't running right, and since the computer controlls the alternator (no regulator in our trucks) and the transmission to some degree, those codes would pop up, maybe?

phox
Old 09-03-2005, 04:43 PM

At 183k the truck ran very well. It had developed a stutter awhile back. It happened when you let off the go pedal then would go back to normal. Stock, 275's, or jammer III's, they all did it. I have done two lift pumps but still have the original ip. The last week or so it has taken a little longer to start. I thought it may have been getting air from somewhere but couldn't find it. This morning she won't bust off at all. I think I'm getting a pain in my wallet. The fuel didn't spray out, but I didn't take the line off. I just backed it out a little. The 1765 code(I typoed) is something on the tranny. I'm guessing it has to do with the lockup switch.

thanks,
Jeremy
Old 09-03-2005, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by dig'umz
At 183k the truck ran very well. It had developed a stutter awhile back. It happened when you let off the go pedal then would go back to normal. Stock, 275's, or jammer III's, they all did it. I have done two lift pumps but still have the original ip. The last week or so it has taken a little longer to start. I thought it may have been getting air from somewhere but couldn't find it. This morning she won't bust off at all. I think I'm getting a pain in my wallet. The fuel didn't spray out, but I didn't take the line off. I just backed it out a little. The 1765 code(I typoed) is something on the tranny. I'm guessing it has to do with the lockup switch.

thanks,
Jeremy
From your sig I see you have a comp box and a Dtt tranny with a lock up switch. If you are have a Calif. truck and don't unlock the tranny below about 40 mph your torque converter lock up code will be set. I am more concerned about the "Stutter" as you called it when you come off the fuel real fast. I am willing to bet that is turbo stall and you should try not to do that. You can break the shaft of the turbo if you do it alot especially if you are in it hard and come off the fuel very fast. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge and if so what pressure have you been reading. If you don't may I suggest with all the mods you get one so you don't fry your vp44 if you haven't already. Good luck. Hope it isn't the injector pump.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:48 PM

Here's the kicker. I got mad and went inside for a while. Come back out to give up and put the tools away. I made sure the injector lines were all tight and what the heck lets turn the key. Turned over a couple times and fired right up. It didn't sputter or anything. Straight to a smooth idle. Runs like it used to.

Diesel lady the stutter sounds more like a bb chevy with a big cam then it smooths out. I've barked the turbo a few times, and thats not it. I'm really leaning to the lift pump. I've got a few fittings to round up and the blue will go on.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 09-04-2005, 01:24 PM

I guess thats why they call them Goats!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:45 PM

It wouldn't start again today. Does this sound like air somewhere?