24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Lukes Link or 2003+ Track Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought mine directly from Russel from Solid Steel, his price was much better than from a dealer outta Red Deer, I believe I paid 200ish for the bracket and 350ish for the adjustable track bar, The fellow outta red deer was a fair bit higher. I called SSI because I had some questions and wanted the info from the horses mouth so to speak.
Russel was a nice fellow to talk to he was extremely helpful.

Should I ever get another 2nd gen, the track bar would be one of the first mods.
I tried to find a used 3rd gen bar, but there were none to be had, I found I could get a new oem TB for around 360$ (Military discount), I went with the adjustable bar because I fiqured, edventually I'd do the suspension, and it was near the same price as an OEM one any way. the cheapest route would be a used bar with new bushings and the bracket,

in the intrest of longevity, I have replaced the STOCK bushings in a couple of 3rd gen trucks that are used as courior trucks (8hrs a day stop and go) they lasted about 270-300,000kms, and the bushings cost about 15$ each, so the energy suspension bushings should far out last OEM bushings
Old 04-23-2009, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doj Dewd
you bought in '03 - how are the bushings now?
I had a chance to check them very closely in January. I pulled the 03 track bar to install Lazarsmith.com's Offset Bushings, in order to center the body on the frame, due to 2" lift. http://www.lazarsmith.com/SSSSS.html

I was having no serious problems but there was a clunk when turning so the bar was slipping sideways. After 5 yrs and 150,000 miles the factory bushings were in pretty decent shape. Some light wear but nothing serious. Bolt holes had enlarged a bit was all.
With Lazarsmiths bushings and "Ultimate Track Bar Hardware" there should be no chance of future wear on bolt holes or bushings.

Note:Just read your signature closely....see you already know Lazarsmith stuff.

RJ