24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

LP going downhill what direction?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LP going downhill what direction?

Started to get a little weak on the fuel pressure. Running 12 idle and about 7 WOT but has dipped down to 5 if the fuel is cold. What direction should I go?

I am thinking about a Holly Blue. Money is kinda tight right now so a Fass is out. IS this the right course of action? I don't really want to tackle that in tank replecement yet and if this pushes more pressure anyway, why would I?

What fittings do I need to do this if I go with the blue? If the LP tanks, does the Blue put enough pressure to run the VP44??

Thanks guys, and if this is in the wrong section, SORRY

Chris
Old 01-24-2007, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisM55
Started to get a little weak on the fuel pressure. Running 12 idle and about 7 WOT but has dipped down to 5 if the fuel is cold. What direction should I go?

I am thinking about a Holly Blue. Money is kinda tight right now so a Fass is out. IS this the right course of action? I don't really want to tackle that in tank replecement yet and if this pushes more pressure anyway, why would I?

What fittings do I need to do this if I go with the blue? If the LP tanks, does the Blue put enough pressure to run the VP44??

Chris

If money is tight.....we still offer the HPFP.....Almost half of the FASS.....
Old 01-24-2007, 02:21 PM

Chris,

I'm kinda in the same boat. My LP is weak, and with my setup (I put in Mach 3's two days ago), I can pull FP down to 1 at WOT. I know I need a better fuel supply to the VP. At first I was researching HPFP and Glacier, but I really don't want to drop over 4 bills if I can fab something up myself that's sufficient. So hopefully someone will post a good DIY set-up parts list. I have seen the blue in action, and it appears to do well.

I've worked with Diesel-Dan on the high idle project, and would love to support his company, but it's gonna make it tight if I have to splurge on the HPFP.

Somebody hep us out please.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:43 PM

Why not a Holley Blue (which you can get for less than $100 at AutoZone) and a Vulcan 'pusher' kit (about $120)? You could buy a second Blue for a spare and still be out for less than the HPFP. Then if you want to upgrade from the Holley later on you can mount it where the Holley was.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisM55

Chris
Those pumps are just bandaids, we've all tried to save a couple $$$ and all ended up getting FASS. Just do it right the 1st time and forget all the trouble tinkering with the holleys and carters and etc...the only other pump that may be OK is the Walbro, but by the time you get it and all the fittings hoses etc...it is as much as HPFP Fass II, and the Walbro has only been used on the Dodges for a few months and not sure how long they may last. I recomend the FASS with filter/air/water seperator. Yes it costs more $$$ but well worth it.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:25 PM

What about the Stanadyne kit?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:23 PM

OK, I know the FASS is the right way to go, and if I had 600.00 or more I would get it. Right now, money is tight and my time is tighter so the Bandaid is fine. Sooner or later, this truck is getting a major HP boost and when it does a fuel delivery system upgrade is gonna happen, but with the mild mods I have, I just need it to get by.

Thanks all

Chris