24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Little Bit of New Knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Bit of New Knowledge

I am really big into the SVO/Biodiesel trends of the world... and i currently take my own part in it but there has been a study that been going on with the vp-44 pumps and i thought i would share some of the knowledge. There has been studys to figure out how to make the vp-44 pump happier when ran on SVO... the one thing someone has been testing is running higher then 20PSI into the pump. They set up a scope/data logging setup and monitored the signals of the vp-44 pump and the electrical amp pullage and such. Well they have noticed that when the pump is ran at stock psi the pumps seems to constantly have a spike at random portions of the data that could possably overload the circuitry or also cause excess heat due to high electrical current.... when they ran the pump at 25psi+ the pump seems to run more economic via based off the signals seem to level out and not pull as much current and the pump output flow was more constant was not as variable as with stock psi.........I am not sure if this can be transfered into our trucks when running diesel because diesel and SVO is to different animals.. and also the test were all done on SVO and in a test setup not an actual running truck. They are still doing more testing. they are in the process of getting more then one vp-44 pump to see if the results are the same on all the pumps.... i constantly get emails and this was one that i got this morning that i wanted to pass along to yall... i am starting to wander if our pumps were really designed to run on high input PSI and the weak preassure we are running right now is what causing them to die.....
Old 11-11-2006, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting thought. Please post any updates.