24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Lift Pump wiring harness...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lift Pump wiring harness...

I asked this in the "Lift Pump...low volts?" thread but realized my question may not get answered there. The wires on the female side of the LP harness are loose, and I need to replace that side, so where can I get that part? I'm hoping it is something I can get locally or through Cummins West or something fairly immediate as opposed to having to order it, because I need the truck this weekend! help!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:30 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by betsycam
I asked this in the "Lift Pump...low volts?" thread but realized my question may not get answered there. The wires on the female side of the LP harness are loose, and I need to replace that side, so where can I get that part? I'm hoping it is something I can get locally or through Cummins West or something fairly immediate as opposed to having to order it, because I need the truck this weekend! help!
i believe you can get the harness from cummins, but it's been a long time
Old 10-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Cummins said "not us," so went to a Dodge dealer. The Mopar part # is 1-68003864AA and it cost $55 tax included. It is the who cable going from the female end to the ECM I guess, and includes a relay. It has a ground wire attached, as well as another little metal connector, looks like it slides onto a spade somewhere. So, herein lies the problem: where does all this stuff go!!!? From the lift pump, the harness connects up to a pigtail and then is taped into a big wad of electrical stuff that disappears down in the compartment where I can neither see nor reach! I can't tell where the relay mounts, where the extra wires attach, etc. It sure would be easier to cut the female end off of the existing harness, and splice in a replacement, but I don't want to cut up this new stuff. Isn't there a female end I can buy at a parts store to splice in?! God, if only it could be that easy! Even with the lift pump removed, I can't make heads or tails of what's going on in there. I'm hoping someone out there can give me an easier solution!

I'm pretty sure my problem is the wires going into the female end of the connector being loose, hopefully not something further down the line. At least it's a place to start...
Old 10-07-2010, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both Jegs and Summit sell the Deutsch connector for the lift pump.

Here is a link to Jegs:

http://www.jegs.com/i/MSD/121/8183/10002/-1

Here is a link to Summit

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MSD-8183/

These are both male and female sides. You will need to cut off the old connector and crimp on the new terminals.

I think I was partly responsible for derailing your lift pump thread.

Hope this helps
Old 10-08-2010, 09:57 AM

Thanks, Dave!