24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Just bought my truck doing complete service tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought my truck doing complete service tomorrow

Hey guys I am new to the site but look foward to learning alot about my truck. I just got it saturday it is a 1998.5 24 valve auto and I am doing a complete service tomorrow. I am experienced with diesels but have a couple of questions. How much egine and trans oil do I need to pick up, Does the torque converter have a drain, Any special oils or filters. Also the previous owner didn't know much about the truck's history. It has a K&N and straight pipe duals. The truck is ALOT faster than another 24 valve dodge I drove a few weeks ago. It also puts out quit a bit of that Beautiful smoke until the turbo spools up. I can't find a box or anything but If my truck is modded I would like to know where I need to look for the modification so I will know if it is stock or not. The original owner of the truck worked for chrystler so I think he might have done something to it. The guy I got it from didn't know what he had and I got a DEAL. Good for me.

Thanks to anyone who can give me any info that is helpfull, especially on refill capacities. Thank You
Old 08-30-2004, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Previous post...go down to the third reply...Capacities

Hope this helps some...maybe someone else can answer the drain plug question...you may have hotter injectors if you can't find the juice box or if the eeprom hasn't been re-programmed...