24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

intake plenum gaskets..

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intake plenum gaskets..

i had the two bolts that hold the fuel filter housing to the head/intake rattle loose and come off. The result was the gasket getting blown out under pressure. i have a large leak right there now. i tried just replacing the bolts but it still wont seal so i need to replace the gasket between the head and intake plenum. does a normal parts house stock this or what? anybody have a part number? im assuming Fel-Pro will make it. thanks.

oh yeah...this is on a 01' 24v.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by mojo_jumper
i had the two bolts that hold the fuel filter housing to the head/intake rattle loose and come off. The result was the gasket getting blown out under pressure. i have a large leak right there now. i tried just replacing the bolts but it still wont seal so i need to replace the gasket between the head and intake plenum. does a normal parts house stock this or what? anybody have a part number? im assuming Fel-Pro will make it. thanks.

oh yeah...this is on a 01' 24v.
I had the same problem and i put a tall style washer where the bolt's are and/or get shorter bolt's from the hardware store.

Go to your local part's store and they will more than likely sell you a felpro gasket. That's what i got. Then take all of the injection lines off (remember to keep the bolted together) and remove the intake plate.

I used a little black silcone (RTV) and put on the gasket and bolted everything back down and primed the fuel system. Run's good now.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:31 PM

ok...so here is the Fel-Pro part number if anybody pulls this thread up in a search.

FPGMS95087. about $6 from Napa.

I cant seem to find a source for the Air horn gasket?? the smaller square one between the heater grid and intake and the air horn and heather grid.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just replaced mine last night, same thing happend to me, I took the ff housing off because i installed remote filters and i forgot to put the two bolts back in I got the part a cummins for $10 #3938152, and got it installed, by the way, you dont have to take all the lines off to replace it, just take the clamps off the lines, slide the plate all the way into the radiator, its a very tight squeeze but the plate will go past the injection lines. I did slightly bend a few fins on my radiator though, cleaned the plate up, stuck the gasket towards the rear of the engine and started inserting the plate back in and fished the new gasket under the plate cover. I will say make sure you take a shop vac and sweep all the dust around the area before you do any of this so your intake stays nice and clean