24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

installing a fuel pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installing a fuel pressure gauge

Ok so I have some new sets of gauges oil, cooliant, battery etc from other project's also have plastic lines & copper.I know I need a snubber&needle valve but for today. ...what do I need to go buy to install this? I Figure Ill use the oil gauge. So how do I do this? I have a fass hpfp do I cut the hose off the pump&buy some kind of t fitting to go into there or what? I just want to put something in to last me for a month or so till I can order all I need to do it the correct way.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so I'm not sure what type you have. assuming mechanical and not electrical.
I would first say do it all the right way first when you have all of your parts.
post up what you have for parts.

what most do is cut the fuel line between you stock fuel filter housing and the VP 44. cut it closer to the vp-44.
place a fuel T style piece that allows the ends to be clamped back on and the new port is where you will plum the fuel line that goes to your fuel isolator
(snubber). I would get a fuel isolator and a brass needle valve that you place prior to the fuel isolator . between the isolator and the fuel gauge in the clear tubing I put in clear 100% silicone fluid.

easier to place gauge where you want it. measure out the ammount of tubing needed run it under dash out the fire wall. connect it to gauge. I always worked from the gauge to the engine.

post up what parts you do have. a great source for all that you would ever need or to talk to. You likely would be able to find most of the needed parts to complete this at you local parts store
in Marshfield , Mo is index (Dieselperformance plus)
they should be able to help you over the phone.
or
www.vulcanperformance.com

Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 05-22-2015 at 07:13 AM. Reason: add